10 Questions With...
Sr. | Lacrosse
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The best part about being a Griff, especially on the lacrosse team, is being part of a family. I’m lucky to be able to call everyone on my team one of my brothers.
2. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
All of the people that I have met here in Buffalo are incredible. It’s such a tight knit community and is definitely my favorite thing about this city.
3. Do you have a nickname? If so what’s the story behind it?
I’ve been called “Gio” since freshman year, but lately the team has been calling me “Papa Geebs” because I’m by far the oldest guy on the team.
4. What is your favorite T.V. show? What was your favorite T.V. show as a kid?
Right now I’m big into True Detective, that show is unreal. When I was kid I didn’t watch much TV… I guess the Ninja Turtles were pretty RAD.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. If you weren’t playing lacrosse, what sport would you be playing?
I’d probably be playing hockey. I played it all my life as well as playing Junior ‘A’ back in Alberta, it’s an awesome sport that I am a huge fan of.
7. Do you and your teammates have an activity that you like to do outside of your sport? If so, what is it?
We do pretty much everything together so it’s pretty hard to narrow it down to one thing. Rich Stapelton, Billy Jacobbi, Mike Vavonese, and Sam Connors are all actually in a band called F.O.G, so we all like to listen to them rock out outside of the lacrosse field.
8. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
Winning the MAAC Championship in 2012 and advancing to the NCAA Tournament.
9. What is your favorite song currently?
We’re Not Going Home – Flight Of the Griffins
10. Who is your favorite athlete?
Sidney Crosby, in my mind he is one of the best leaders in all of sport and he has accomplished everything there is to accomplish at such a young age.