10 Questions With...
Sr. | Men's Cross Country
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
There are many great parts about being a Golden Griffin including being with my fellow Griffs, the motivation that captain Chad Maloy instills in my heart, and listening to Coach Huckle’s wisdom on and off the course.
2. Why did you choose to attend Canisius?
I chose to attend Canisius because I was given a great opportunity to attend this institution academically, athletically, and finically. There is no school I would rather be at.
3. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
My favorite part of Buffalo is the spirit of the community. When my teammates and I run around the city we all enjoy the encouragement we get from the community. There is no part of the city that we are afraid to explore. I love this artsy, laid back, hippie city.
4. What are three words that you’d use to describe yourself?
Happy. Friendly. Positive.
5. Do you have a nickname? If so what's the story behind it?
My nickname is Gopher. It was given to me by Chad Maloy. He wanted to call me topher and then decided that since Gopher rhymed topher it was a good nickname. My other nickname is Frenchy. I got that one because of my French Canadian last name Sauvageau. Another nickname that one of my professors at Canisius called me is Savage.
6. What is your favorite T.V. show right now and as a kid?
My favorite T.V. show is tied between Parks and Rec and Modern Family. My favorite T.V. show as a kid was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
7. What is your favorite song currently?
My favorite song currently is Earth Crisis by Steel Pulse.
8. What is one interesting thing that someone may not know about you?
Something most people do not know about me is I was home schooled until 6th grade.
9. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
After we got 2nd at MAACs, when Coach Huckle was named coach of the year.
10. What is your favorite quote or phrase?
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi