10 Questions With...
Sr. | Baseball
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
Being able to play the game you love and representing your hometown while doing it, making lifelong friends, and achieving all your goals along the way. The small campus with a tight knit Canisius community and knowing there is always someone there who will help and support you.
2. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
Without question the Bills. I really believe the Bills fan base is like no other.
3. What are three words that you’d use to describe yourself?
Motivated, Proud, Loyal
4. Do you have a nickname? If so what’s the story behind it?
Tols – just a shorter version of my last name that has stuck since high school
5. What is your favorite T.V. show? What was your favorite T.V. show as a kid?
24 currently, which it is current because Jack is coming back in May! And as a kid Rocket Power & Boy Meets World were the truth.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Clicking a the top of a pen or pencil
7. If you weren’t playing baseball, what sport would you be playing?
I played hockey competitively right up until I went to college and I still miss it to this day.
8. Do you and your teammates have an activity that you like to do outside of your sport? If so, what is it?
This year was unique with the Olympics and it was a spectacle being able to take part in the US Canada rivalry throughout the games, especially the Men’s and womens hockey… that was a lot of fun to be involved with.
9. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
Can’t be anything else other than winning that beautiful ring and the 2013 MAAC championship! Those are memories that will never fade.
10. What is your pregame ritual, routine or superstition?
Hard to have one as a bullpen pitcher because you really have to be ready for anything – but one I can think of is when taking the mound and after my warm ups, taking a look around the park behind the mound and always being grateful for being where I am