10 Questions With...
Sr. | Rowing
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The best part about being a Griff is the feeling of community and family around campus and on the team. I love that the Griff family goes beyond the classroom and reaches far into the real world. The connections you make here last a lifetime.
2. Why did you choose to attend Canisius?
I actually transferred from Edinboro University in PA after my freshman year and I chose Canisius because of its small size and all the promising opportunities that are offered.
3. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
I love the proximity to the waterfront and that I am rowing when the sun comes up over the city; a breath taking sight. Bills and Bandits are a personal favorite. I also love looking at all the old architecture around the city.
4. What are three words that you’d use to describe yourself?
Hard working. Confident. Opportunistic.
5. Do you have a nickname? If so what’s the story behind it?
‘BL’, it started because we had two Bridget’s on the team and it started to get confusing when coach would call through the megaphone during practice as to which Bridget he was referring to. Worked out for everyone!
6. What is your favorite T.V. show? What was your favorite T.V. show as a kid?
Current favorite is Revenge on ABC Sunday’s. Childhood would be 7th Heaven or watching TGIF on ABC with my sisters.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Littering. The Earth is not your trash can, respect it.
8. If you weren’t rowing, what sport would you be playing?
Swimming. I swam for many, many years before I came to college and it’s something I still love to do. That or any water sport really. Canisius Surf team in the works?
9. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
Hands down racing at the world famous Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston, MA. It was such an honor to represent Canisius in our first appearance. Being named MAAC Crew of the Year 2013 as 4 seat of the V8. And finally racing at the Longhorn Invitational this spring in Austin, TX being featured on the Longhorn Network. Being able to say I pulled up to the line against Yale, a crew with multiple national championships and saying I got to put in a great race with them is an awesome feeling!
10. What is your favorite quote or phrase?
“We’re doin’ it!” –Coxswain Hannah Blum Class of ‘16