10 Questions With...
Women's Cross Country
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The best part about being a Griff is my teammates! There is never a dull run.
2. What has been your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
My favorite moment as a student-athlete was when we found the "splash pad" downtown during a long run on a hot day and stopped for a while to run around in it.
3. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
My favorite part of Buffalo is the people we encounter on our runs. They are always entertaining.4. What is your favorite part of Buffalo?
4. How did you get started running?
My dad is a volunteer firefighter and his fire-hall hosts a 5K-race every year. One year I decided to do it with him and following the race a high school runner told me that I should do cross country. I did. And now I can kick my dad's butt.
5. What is your favorite warm-up song?
Although it is not pump up music, my favorite warm up song is "Do it Again" by Stroke 9.
6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Sadly enough, my favorite childhood toys were Bratz dolls.
7. What was your favorite childhood TV show?
Gilmore Girls for sure.
8. Do you have a pre-race routine or tradition and if so, what is it?
Before the gun goes off it is tradition for us all to obnoxiously sing a song at the start line.
9. If you could pick any place in the world to run, where would it be?
When I went on the Europe trip in high school I ran in France on the Mediterranean Sea, it was absolutely beautiful and by far my favorite place I've ran.
10. Who is your favorite place to run?
I would love to run in Kenya.