10 Questions With...
Sr. | Cross Country
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The best part about being a Griff is getting to travel with my teammates. They are like a second family and to get to go run in places like the New Balance Armory Track, Van Cortland Park, Notre Dame, and Disney World is a real exciting experience.
2. Why did you choose to attend Canisius?
I chose to attend Canisius for the Physical Education Program here. I had already sent in my deposit before I was contacted to run by the XC team, so getting to represent the Golden Griffs on the XC course and track was an exciting bonus.
3. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
My favorite part of Buffalo is the fountains and splash pads around the city; we’ve been known to cool off in them after a long run on a hot day…
4. Do you have a nickname? If so what's the story behind it?
The team calls me B-Money sometimes. Our old assistant coach Bean came up with it. When I asked how she said she didn’t know, she just yelled it during a race one time and it stuck.
5. What is your favorite T.V. show right now and as a kid?
My favorite T.V. show now is Nashville I’m a country music kind of girl so I’m quite addicted to it. Growing up I loved Friends! I still try and catch it every night on Nick at Night !
6. What are three words that you'd use to describe yourself?
Energetic, because I’m usually jumping around and having fun. Outdoorsy because I love running on trails in nature. I’m always told I have a bubbly personality, I’m usually always in a good mood and smiling.
7. If you weren’t running cross country, what sport would you be playing?
Definitely Field Hockey. I was originally looking into playing field hockey in college but fell in love with Canisius and gave it up to come here. I never ran XC in high school because we didn’t have it. I never pictured myself doing it but thought I’d give it a shot after the coach recruited me.
8. What is one interesting thing that someone may not know about you?
I love to go hunting in the fall. I have been hunting for 2 years now but have yet to get a deer… hopefully this year.
9. What is your pre-meet ritual or superstition?
Before every race I write, “Leave No Doubt” on the inside of my left wrist. It was a saying my H.S. track coach always told me before I stepped on the track and I have carried it with me through college.
10. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
My favorite moment as a Griff so far was setting the school record in the Distance Medley Relay last year. We broke it at indoor MAAC’s at the N.B. Armory Track, which is such a cool venue!