10 Questions With...
Senior • No. 10 • Forward
Grosse Isle, Manitoba
Weyburn Red Wings - SJHL
is the best part about being a Griff?
Having the opportunity to play hockey
on a great team with a great group of guys while getting a solid education.
2. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
Freshman year. Ben Parker scored in the
playoffs to beat Mercyhurst in overtime, which sent us to the Atlantic Hockey Final
Four tournament for the first time.
3. Do you have any pre-game
superstitions and if so, what is it?
I really only have one superstition. I put my equipment on right to left. Right
skate then left skate, right elbow pad, then left elbow pad etc.
4. Who was your favorite hockey player
5. What has been your favorite road trip
in your career? Why?
Last season when we went to Army and
stayed at the Thayer Hotel, which is located on the army base at West Point,
NY. We also got the chance to tour one of their military museums and ended up winning
both games while we were there. Not a
6. What was your favorite childhood TV show?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
7. Did you play with or against any current NHL players growing up?
Played with Chicago Blackhawks forward Jonathan
Toews and Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer.
8. How did you get started in hockey?
Being from Western Canada, hockey is by
far the biggest sport. My family used to have an outdoor rink in my backyard
that I would skate on every night in the winter with my older brother starting
at the age of 4.
9. Do you have a nickname? Is there a
story behind it?
I got the nickname Scorrey from a
couple teammates after I scored a goal one night last season and it has kind of
stuck with a few of the guys since then. More so because it rhymes rather than
from actually scoring.
10. If you could pick anyone to play on a line with in the world, who would it