10 Questions With...
Women's Swimming and Diving
West Seneca, N.Y.
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
Having the privilege of being part of a big family where everyone is supporting and rooting for each other.
2. What has been your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
I really loved MAACs last year. So many awesome things happened at that swim meet; the boys came in second and our diving coach Meili Carpenter was named coach of the year. But more importantly, it was awesome to see how far our team has come and improved since my freshmen year. Seeing so many girls making it back to finals and placing really well was awesome to see.
3. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Adventurous, dedicated, and clever
4. What is your favorite part of Buffalo?
I like Buffalo because it is a place with the perks of a big city (sports teams, things to do, etc.), but without a city's downfalls (not expensive, dirty, and there is not a lot of traffic).
5. What is your biggest pet peeve and why?
I absolutely hate loud obnoxious noises. For example, air horns, vacuums, blow dryers, etc. I would literally rather do any other chores than vacuum.
6. What was your favorite childhood TV show?
I was obsessed with the Olsen twins when I was younger, so I watched Full House and The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley.
7. Do you have a nickname? Is there a story behind it?
Unfortunately, I have many. AGT, Annie, Annie "get your gun" Taylor, Annie "Top" Gunn-Taylor, oh and my personal favorite Grannie (thanks to my brothers). The list goes on. Having the last name Gunn really set me up for many nicknames.
8. What is your favorite quote or phrase?
"We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing"- Rev Run
9. What is one interesting fact that people may not know about you?
I am kind of a daredevil. I really like to do adventurous thing. I am hoping to go skydiving this summer after swimming is over so my coach doesn't have a heart attack.
10. What TV show are you currently addicted to?
I have a serious weakness for reality TV, but my absolute favorite show is Revenge.