10 Questions With...
Sr. | Men's Soccer
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The support, recognition and respect you receive from everyone on Canisius’ campus, whether that be other teams, students, academic and athletic faculty, and even families and fans.
2. Why did you choose to attend Canisius?
I actually had received an offer to play soccer at Niagara University, but fortunately, my coach; Dermot McGrane, was asked to take over Canisius’ Men’s soccer team and I decided to go with him. I’m glad I decided to come to Canisius and live on its fantastic campus and receive top quality education.
3. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
It’s my home city. I grew up in Clarence, New York, so I’m familiar with and have been around Buffalo for years. I’d give up a lot to get my hands on a beef on weck sandwich from Andersons, Buffalo is known for their beef on weck.
4. What are three words that you’d use to describe yourself?
Versatile, audacious, and outgoing.
5. What is your favorite T.V. show right now and as a kid?
Workaholics. When I need a good laugh, I’ll toss some Workaholics into the Blue Ray. My favorite T.V show as a kid was Dragon-Ball Z, I have no shame.
6. What is your favorite song currently?
Five Hours, Deorro.
7. If you weren’t playing soccer, what sport would you be playing?
Hockey. I actually had to decide on which sport I wanted to pursue in life as a young boy; hockey or soccer, I frequently played both sports as a young boy.
8. What is your favorite quote or phrase?
“Do not copy the behaviors and customs of this world but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Doing so will only let your heart continue to grow, then you will come to realize God’s will for you; which is good, pleasing, and perfect.”
9. What is your pre-meet ritual or superstition?
I like to toss my headphones in and listen to my favorite songs while visualizing myself playing; specifically, scoring.
10. What is your favorite moment as a Canisius student-athlete?
My favorite moment was receiving the Student-Athlete of the week award. It was a goal of mine to get better grades since freshman year, so it was nice to be recognized for that on top of playing well in the sport I love.