10 Questions With...
Sr. | Baseball
1. What is the best part about being a Griff?
The best thing about being a Griff is definitely the network of people. Teammates are like family and will certainly remain life-long friends. With the size of the school, you are really able to connect with everyone.
2. Why did you choose to attend Canisius?
It was always a goal/dream of mine to head south of the border to play D1 College ball, so I jumped at the opportunity. Also, Canisius is a four-year school that has been highly recognized for its strong academics.
3. What is your favorite part about Buffalo?
I love the sheer abundance of restaurants exclusive to Buffalo, scattered all throughout the city. It is never a difficult decision in choosing where to eat because of the endless options. Although the food is great, the people are better!
4. What are three words that you'd use to describe yourself?
Personable, motivated, compassionate
5. Do you have a nickname? If so what's the story behind it?
Guys on the team call me “The Kirnch” or “Kirnchy”; Freshman year, the UB commentator referred to me as, “Russ Cirone”, and later went on to apologize, correcting his mistake with, “Mike Kirnch”.
6. What is your biggest pet-peeve?
People that chew with their mouth open or that talk during movies. Both kill me.
7. What is your favorite quote or phrase?
“The only mistakes made in life are the ones in which you learn nothing from”
8. What is one interesting thing that someone may not know about you?
I have a knack for impressions – specifically smeagol from Lord of The Rings.
9. What was your favortie toy as a child?
My toy car collection when I was around 5 years old.
10. What is your pregame ritual?
After BP, we usually get some time to relax in the dugout; I like to grab a quick snack and then spend some time visualizing myself at the dish, or talking amongst my teammates – depends on the day.