GIOURMETAKIS NEARING CENTURY MARK
• Senior Simon Giourmetakis is quickly approaching membership in an exclusive club.
• Giourmetakis has recorded 99 career points and is just one point shy of becoming the 17th player in the program's history with 100 career points.
• The senior has recorded 68 goals and 31 assists during his career. He currently ranks 15th in the school's record book with 68 career goals.
• Giourmetakis leads the Griffs with 32 points and 25 goals during the 2012 campaign.
GIOURMETAKIS RANKS AMONG THE NATION'S BEST
• While Simon Giourmetakis is approaching a career milestone, he has also placed himself among the best in the country this season.
• Giourmetakis entered the week ranked fourth nationally and first in the MAAC with 3.13 goals per game. He also places second in the MAAC and 12th nationally with 4.00 points per game.
• The senior leads all players in MAAC games this season with 5.33 points per game and 4.33 goals per game.
GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION
• Freshman Tim Edwards has wasted no time in making an impact at Canisius.
• The rookie has 20 points, six goals and a team-best 14 assists in eight games this season.
• Edwards currently ranks second among all rookies in the MAAC with 2.50 points per game.
• After his first week of collegiate action, Edwards was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week with five points, two goals and three assists in a pair of games against Cornell and Albany.
• Edwards is just the second Griff to be named MAAC Rookie of the Week following the first week of his career. Current senior Simon Giourmetakis also accomplished the feat in 2009.
LENDING THE HELPING HAND
• The secret behind freshman Tim Edwards' success as a rookie is his ability to find the open man from the midfield.
• Edwards leads the Griffs with 14 assists. He currently ranks sixth in the MAAC with 1.75 assists per game, which also places second in the league among midfielders.
• In addition, Edwards entered the week tied for 20th nationally in assists per game and second among rookies.
CANISIUS - SIENA SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and the Saints have met 22 prior times. Canisius has played Siena more than any other school in the program's history.
• Canisius holds a convincing 17-5 edge in the all-time series but Siena has won the last three games and four of the last five meetings.
• Last season, Siena scored the final five goals of the game in the last eight minutes of regulation to rally from a two-goal deficit for a 12-9 victory in Buffalo.
• The Griffs last defeated the Saints in 2008, winning a 10-9 overtime game en route to the MAAC championship.
ABOUT THE SAINTS
• Siena is 7-3 on the season, including a perfect 3-0 mark in MAAC play. The Saints' 15-8 win against preseason favorite Detroit on Saturday was the sixth-straight victory for Siena.
• Bryan Neufeld leads the Saints with 47 points, 27 goals and 20 assists this season. He currently ranks fourth nationally with 4.70 points per game.
• Overall, five players have recorded at least 20 points this season for the Saints with Danny Martinsen (18g, 20a) and Chris Roth (22g, 11a) both reaching the 30-point mark.
• Tom Morr has started all 10 games in net for the Saints, posting a 10.51 goals against average and .542 save percentage.
• Casey Dowd has been the team's main weapon at the faceoff X, winning 49.4 percent of his restarts (81-164) in eight games.