GRIFFS MAKING THEIR MARK ON THE POLLS
• Canisius has made its way into unchartered territory this season.
• On Tuesday, the Griffs received votes in the NSCAA National Poll for the first time in the program's history. Canisius earned 11 points in the poll - the 35th-most in the country.
• In addition, Canisius is placed No. 44 nationally in the Top Drawer Soccer Rankings.
• The Griffs also moved up a spot this week in the NSCAA North Atlantic poll to second - the program's highest-ever placement.
• The reason behind the high rankings for the Griffs is the best stretch in the team's history to start the season.
• Canisius is unbeaten after six games for the first time in school history. The Griffs' previous best start was four in 1972 and 1976.
• In fact, the six-game unbeaten streak is the longest for any point in a season, topping the previous standard of five set in 1987.
• Canisius has also won its last four games, matching the program record set in 1980.
FALCONER EARNS NATIONAL RECOGNITION
• Senior forward Gavin Falconer has highlighted the Griffs' hot start this season.
• Falconer leads the Griffs with 11 points, four goals and three assists in 2012. He already has four more points than his 2011 total.
• The senior currently leads the MAAC with his 11 points and three assists, while placing third with his four goals.
• The strong start for Falconer has not gone unnoticed. He has twice been named MAAC Offensive Player of the Week, while collecting Soccer News National Team of the Week accolades on Monday.
BETTER THAN LAST YEAR
• Gavin Falconer isn't the only Griff upping his performance in 2012 as a number of players have shown improvement this season.
• The biggest difference in the stats this year is the increase in scoring offense. Canisius is averaging 2.00 goals per game this season after posting a 0.79 scoring offense in 2011.
• Senior forward Regan Steele has already matched his goal total from last season (two), while sophomore forward Asani Samuels' two tallies have already surpassed his 2011 total (one).
• In addition, the defensive unit has seen its goals against average decrease from 1.76 to 1.09.
• The four staring defenders of senior Andrew Incho (first year on defense), sophomores A.C. LaFlore and Ryan Schroen and freshman Alex De Carolis in addition to goalkeeper Kareem Gray have also anchored two shutouts compared to one in 19 games last season.
• Canisius is meeting both Cal State Fullerton and UNLV for the first time.
ABOUT THE TITANS
• Cal State Fullerton has lost its last two games and is 1-5-0 this season. The Titans are being outscored 11-4 in 2012.
• Jonathan Birt leads the team with three points on a goal and an assist. Jaime Cano and Jesse Escalante have also contributed one goal this season.
• Adam Zepeda has seen a majority of time in goal, posting a .690 save percentage and 1.79 goals against average.
ABOUT THE REBELS
• UNLV enters the weekend with a 1-4-1 record.
• Nick Marshall leads the team with six points, netting two goals to go along with two assists. Rodrigo Fuentes and Joaquin Rivas have also tallied a team-high two goals.
• Robert Garcia ranks second on the team with five points on a goal and a team-best three assists.
• Joe Vitale has played every minute in goal, posting a 1.69 goals against average and .667 save percentage.