The Canisius College women's
soccer team remains on the road for their lone match this weekend, as they travel to Duquesne to take on the Dukes on Friday evening at Rooney Field at 7 p.m. After falling to the Dukes in their five previous matchups, the Golden Griffins captured a 2-1 victory at the Demske Sports Complex last season.
(1-6-0, 0-0-0 MAAC)
AT DUQUESNE DUKES (2-4-1, 0-0-0 ATLANTIC 10)
Game #8: Sept. 14, 2012 • 7 p.m.
ROONEY FIELD • PITTSBURGH, PA.
• In recent action, the Dukes saw their three-game undefeated streak come to an end as they fell to Ohio State, 3-0, on Sept. 9. Selected to finish third in the Big Ten Preseason Poll, Ohio State outshot the Dukes, 21-7.
• Prior to the match with the Buckeyes, the Dukes played host West Viriginia to a 1-1 draw. DU was outshot in the contest, 41-12. Entering the contest, the Mountaineers were ranked No. 20 in the NSCAA Preseason Poll and were selected to finish second in the Big 12.
• After a combined three-point performance against Niagara and Robert Morris, senior midfielder Morgan Herbert was named the College Sports Madness Atlantic 10 Conference Player of the Week. In Duquesne’s 2-1 win over Niagara on Aug. 31, Herbert scored one goal and set up the game-winner, while adding a game-high six shots versus Robert Morris.
• Head coach Al Alvine is in his first year with the Dukes. Alvine arrives to DU after five seasons as head coach at California University of Pennsylvania.
• Canisius and Duquesne enter Friday’s contest each averaging 0.86 goals per game.
SERIES RECORD vs DUQUESNE: 1-5-1 (.214)
LAST MEETING vs DUQUESNE: W, 2-1, at Demske Sports Complex (Sept. 23, 2011)