AT A GLANCE
Dates: Sept. 22-23, 2012
Course: Robert Trent Jones Course - Ithaca, N.Y.
Course Info: Par 72 - 6,823 yards
Teams: Binghamton, Brown, Canisius, Colgate, Cornell (host), Lafayette, Ottawa, Rider, St. Bonaventure and Siena.
GRIFFS HEAD EAST TO TAKE PART IN CORNELL EVENT
- The Canisius College golf team returns to action Sept. 22-23, at the Cornell Invitational at the Robert Trent Jones Course on Cornell's campus in Ithaca, N.Y.
- This marks the fourth-straight year and the fifth time in the last six seasons that the Golden Griffins have played in the Cornell Invitational. Last year, Canisius finished 11th in the tournament, which was won by Binghamton.
- Senior Joe Vogl shot a 74 in the final round to place 44th in the field last year.
- Freshman Andrew Romano is familiar with the layout at the Robert Trent Jones course on Cornell's campus, as he took part in the 2012 New York State Boy's Golf Championship, where he tied for 10th.
- Canisius will be joined in the field by two fellow MAAC schools (Rider and Siena) and the Griffs will also see St. Bonaventure on the course again this fall. Canisius and St. Bonaventure finished 1-2 at the annual Little Three Golf Championships at Harvest Hill Golf Club Sept. 5.
- Binghamton has won this event in each of the last two years.
NEXT ON THE TEE
- Canisius will close out the 2012 fall season at The Connecticut Cup, hosted by UConn Oct. 8-9.