Dates: Oct. 8-9, 2012
Course: Ellington Ridge Country Club - Ellington, Conn.
Course Info: Par 72; 6,936 Yards
The Field: Adelphi, American International, Bryant, Canisius, Central Connecticut State, Connecticut, Fairfield, Hartford, Iona, Long Island, Post, Rhode Island, Sacred Heart, Siena and Trinity (CT).
GRIFFS CLOSE FALL SLATE IN CONNECTICUT
- The Canisius College golf team is scheduled to play its final tournament of the fall Oct. 8-9, at the Connecicut Cup at Ellington Ridge Country Club in Ellington, Conn.
- The Connecticut Cup is a 54-hole event, with the first 36 holes sceduled to be played Oct. 8.
- This marks the second time Canisius has played in this event - last year the Golden Griffins placed 14th in the field.
- Canisius has not played since Sept. 22-23, when the Blue and Gold traveled to Ithaca, N.Y., to take part in the annual Cornell Invitational.
CARRIG'S SENIOR SEPTEMBER
- Canisius senior golfer Michael Carrig closed out the month of September with five rounds under par and added individual medalist honors at the 2012 Little Three Golf Championship to his resume.
- The senior from Buffalo, N.Y., became the first Canisius golfer in more than a decade to post back-to-back rounds under par at the team's season opening tournament at Turning Stone Sept. 2-3.
- His career-low score of 67 in the first round of the Little Three Golf Championship is the new course record at Harvest Hill Golf Course, located in Orchard Park, N.Y.