GRAVINO EARNS MAAC ROOKIE OF THE WEEK HONORS
• Freshman Vince Gravino wasted no time making a splash at Canisius, earning MAAC Rookie of the Week accolades after his first weekend of play.
• The freshman posted four points in a pair of games against Air Force and Denver, netting three goals to go along with one assist.
• Gravino is just the third player in the program's history to earn MAAC Rookie of the Week honors, joining Tim Edwards last season and Simon Giourmetakis in 2009.
EDWARDS NAMED TO TEWAARATON AWARD WATCH LIST
• Sophomore Tim Edwards was named to the Tewaaraton Award Watch List, awarded to the top lacrosse player in the country.
• The sophomore midfielder currently leads the Griffs with five points on two goals and a team-best three assists in two games during the 2013 season.
• Edwards is also the team's top returning scorer from last season, recording 32 points, 13 goals and 19 assists during the 2012 campaign.
• The 2012 MAAC Rookie of the Year honors, Edwards is the second Griff to be selected to the Tewaaraton Award Watch List (Adam Jones also earned the nod in 2010).
EDWARDS EARNS ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM HONORS
• Sophomore Tim Edwards picked up right where he left off in 2012.
• The 2012 MAAC Rookie of the Year, Edwards added another honor in 2013 by being named to the Frontier Airlines Face-Off Classic Team.
• Edwards led the Griffs with five points on two goals and three assists in the two games against Air Force and No. 11 Denver to open the 2013 campaign.
A STRONG START FOR GOVENETTIO
• Sophomore Alex Govenettio has picked up right where three-year starter Sean Callahan left off at the end of the 2012 season.
• Govenettio recorded 10 saves in each of the two games to the start the 2013 season.
• Coupled with 11 stops in his only start of his rookie season and Govenettio is the first Griff in the program’s history to record double-digit saves in each of his first three career starts.
• Govenettio owns an 11.17 goals against average and .488 save percentage this season.
CANISIUS - CORNELL SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Big Red are meeting for the 10th time, including the sixth-straight year.
• Cornell has won each of the nine previous meetings.
• Last season, the Big Red outscored Canisius 11-1 in the first half en route to a 19-4 win.
• The closest meeting in the series came the only other time the schools met in Buffalo - a 9-6 Cornell win in 2010.
ABOUT THE BIG RED
• Cornell is a perfect 3-0 to start the season and is ranked third in both national polls.
• The Big Red is coming off a dominating 19-3 victory against No. 11 Colgate, the team's biggest win since a 23-2 win over Canisius in 1998.
• Rob Pannell leads Cornell with 20 points this season in just three games, netting nine goals to go along with 11 assists. Steve Mock has scored a team-best 11 goals.
• Doug Tesoriero has controlled the faceoff X, winning 68.3 percent of restarts (43-of-63).
• AJ Fiore has posted a 5.66 goals against average and .686 save percentage to anchor the defense.