After falling to No. 2 Syracuse on Sunday, the Canisius College women’s lacrosse team will get its second chance to upend a top-five team on Wednesday when the Griffs take on No. 1 North Carolina in Chapel Hill. The game is scheduled to get underway at 4 p.m.
Scouting the Griffs
• The Griffs are 0-1 after an 18-6 season-opening loss to Syracuse on Sunday.
• Junior Meghan Cuddy scored three of Canisius’ goals in that contest, which earned her MAAC Offensive Player of the Week honors for her efforts.
• Junior Kayla Scully tied a career-high with 12 saves against the Orange.
Scouting the Tar Heels
• North Carolina enters Wednesday’s contest with a 2-0 record, having previously beaten No. 7 Florida and Boston.
• The Tar Heels are averaging 19 goals per game so far and allowing just eight.
• Abby Friend leads them offensively, with 10 goals and two assists so far.
Canisius – North Carolina Series History
• This is the first meeting all-time between the two programs.
• The Griffs are looking for their first win over an ACC opponent.
• They are currently 0-9 all-time vs. teams in the conference.