Canisius (6-3) at Norfolk State (3-8
Marty L. Miller Field (Norfolk, Va.)
Sunday, March 9 and Monday, March 10
LHP Alex Godzak (1-1, 2.57 ERA) vs. RHP Justin Bhatti (1-2, 6.46 ERA)
RHP Rohn Pierce (2-0, 0.78 ERA) vs. LHP Matt Outman (1-0, 4.73 ERA)
RHP Josh Shepley (0-0, 7.20 ERA) vs. RHP Josh Vales (1-1, 6.48 ERA)
RHP Devon Stewart (2-1, 5.87 ERA) vs. TBA
- Canisius continues its season-opening 19-game road trip with a four-game series this weekend at Norfolk State.
- The Golden Griffins enter the weekend on a four-game winning streak, coming on the heels of a three-game sweep at Atlantic Sun champion East Tennessee State.
- During the last four games, Canisius has outscored its opponents by the score of 34-10. The Griffs have not trailed in any of those four games.
- In the three-game sweep at ETSU, the Canisius starting pitchers went 3-0 with a 0.82 earned run average, allowing two runs in 22 innings, walking two and striking out 11.
- Senior Jimmy Luppens was named the MAAC Player of the Week on Tuesday, winning the award for the third time in his career.
- Junior Rohn Pierce was named the MAAC Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday, winning the award for the second time in the first three weeks of the season.
- Canisius defeated No. 5 NC State 3-0 in the season opener. The win was the first in program history over a ranked team.
- Canisius and Norfolk State are meeting for the first time in program history.
- Norfolk State enters the weekend with a 3-8 record. The Spartans split a four-game series with Savannah State last weekend.
- Earlier this season, the Spartans lost 7-1 to Buffalo and defated Quinnipiac 5-4 in 10 innings.