Canisius vs. No. 5 Boston College
When: Saturday, March 15
Where: Demske Sports Complex
Live Stats/Live Video: Available through gogriffs.com
Twitter: @GoGriffs / @CanisiusWLAX
Scouting the Griffs
• Canisius enters Saturday’s contest having won its last two contests over Ohio State and Colgate.
• The Griffs haven’t played since March 1, due to the postponement of Wednesday’s scheduled game with Louisville.
• Last time out, The Blue and Gold topped Ohio State (who is now ranked No. 20 in the IWLCA poll) 11-10. Junior attack Tori Quinn scored four goals and chipped in two assists in that contest, while junior goaltender Kayla Scully posted 10 saves.
Scouting the Eagles
• Boston College enters the contest at 6-1, with the only blemish coming against No. 2 Syracuse.
• The Eagles have risen from their preseason rank of No. 20 to No. 5 in the nation in the latest IWLCA poll.
• Boston College is averaging 13 goals per game, with Mikaela Rix leading the way with 19 goals. The Eagles have five players who have scored 10 or more goals this season.
• Emily Mata has played all but seven minutes in net for Boston College, allowing 10.0 goals per game with a .347 save percentage this season.
Testing the Griffs
• Head coach Scott Teeter wanted to test his team early, and he has done so with scheduling.
• Canisius currently occupies the No. 1 ranking for strength of schedule on LaxPower.com.
• Four of the first-five opponents Canisius has faced are currently ranked in the IWLCA top-20.
• Boston College is the third top-5 opponent the Griffs have faced this season, after opening the season with No. 1 North Carolina and No. 2 Syracuse.
Back to the Drawing Board
• One area where Canisius has struggled this season has been the draw circle.
• The Griffs have won just 33-percent of restarts.
• Boston College comes to Canisius controlling possession on 57-percent of draws.