The Canisius College women’s soccer team will close out its three game road trip on Saturday in Riverdale, N.Y. against Manhattan (3-8-1, 0-3-1 MAAC).
• The Griffs are allowing 1.25 goals per game in conference play this season, an improvement from the 2.33 they were allowing against non-MAAC opposition.
• The Griffs have struggled to find the back of the in MAAC play as well though, averaging 0.75 goals per game though the first four conference matchups.
• The Griffs’ are in the final leg of a three-game road trip, and four of their first five contests in MAAC play are away from home.
• Following this weekend’s contest, the Griffs will play four of their final five games at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The Griffs are 3-3-0 at home this season and 0-6-1 on the road.
Scouting the Jaspers
• The Jaspers are led offensively by Erica Modena who has a team-high four goals on the season.
• Kristen Skonieczny and Maria Sanzari have split time in net for Manhattan. Skonieczny has a 0.98 goals against average on the season.
• Sanzari has started the last two contests, she has a 4.10 goals against average this season.
• The Griffs are 12-7-2 all-time against Manhattan.
• Canisius has won the last three contests between the two programs.
• The Griffs won last season’s meeting 2-1, with senior midfielder Kelly McMahon and senior forward Brianna Smith each scoring in the contest.
Kickoff will be at 1 p.m. on Saturday.