Binghamton Fall Invitational
Date: Oct. 6-7, 2013
Course: The Links at Hiawatha Landing
Place: Apalachin, N.Y.
Course Info: Par 72 – 7,104 Yards
The Field: Binghamton, Canisius, Delaware, Fairleigh Dickinson, Hofstra, Laval, Monmouth, Niagara, Ottawa, Rider, St. Bonaventure and UMass Lowell.
Defending Team Champion: Laval (586; +10)
Format: 36 holes (18 played each day)
CANISIUS CLOSES OUT FALL SEASON AT BINGHAMTON
- The Canisius College golf team closes out the fall schedule Oct. 6-7, when the team travels to take part in the second annual Binghamton Fall Invitational.
- This year's event will be held at The Links at Hiawatha Landing in Apalachin, N.Y.
- Laval won the Binghamton Fall Invitational in 2012 with its team score of 586.
- This will mark the first time the Golden Griffins have played in Binghamton's fall event.
- The host St. Bonaventure Bonnies won the 2013 Little Three Gold Championship, which was held at Pine Acres Country Club in Bradford, Pa., Sept. 28.
- The Bonnies posted a team score of 583 for the tournament. Canisius took second with its score of 592, while Niagara placed third with a team tally of 635.
- Canisius entered this year's event as the three-time defending Little Three Champions.
- St. Bonaventure's title last weekend marks the 38th time the Bonnies have won the Little Three Championship.
- St. Bonaventure sophomore Darren Simons won the individual title and earned a berth into the 2014 Porter Cup at Niagara Falls Country Club.
- Canisius sophomore Brendan Polsin earned his first career top-five finish by placing third at the Little Three and freshman Cory Cullen shot a career-low 70 in the second round to earn a tie for sixth along with teammate Hunter Sagar.