Canisius vs. Robert Morris
When: Monday, March 24
Where: Demske Sports Complex
Time: 4 p.m.
Live Video/Live Stats: available through gogriffs.com
Scouting the Griffs
• Canisius enters the contest at 3-4, having dropped its last contest to Duquesne 12-11 in overtime.
• The game was the second-consecutive loss for the Griffs – the team has not lost three-straight games in the same season since March of the 2012 season.
• Junior goalkeeper Kayla Scully recorded a career-high 15 saves in Wednesday’s loss.
• Senior midfielder Maria Kotas needs just four goals to become the seventh Griff to reach the 100 goals club.
• Kotas’ 96 goals currently rank eighth on the program’s all-time list.
• With five draw controls, she will also move into a tie for second on the all-time list.
• The senior is also just five ground balls away from fifth in Canisius history.
Scouting the Colonials
• Robert Morris enters Monday’s contest at 6-1, having won its last two.
• The Colonials have scored 10 or more goals in each of their wins and 15 or more goals on four occasions this season.
• Five players currently have double-digit goals on the season, with Kristin Yoviene leading the way with 22 points (15 goals).
• Kaitlin Pentz has played the majority of minutes in net – holding a save percentage of .398.
• The Griffs and Colonials have met every year since 2005, with this being the 10th meeting.
• Canisius owns the series 9-0.
• The 2011 and 2012 games were each decided by one goal, but the Griffs cruised to an 11-goal win in 2013.
• Kotas led the way in the last meeting, scoring three goals and dishing out three assits.
• Scully played the first half in net in that contest, allowing two goals and making five saves.