Canisius (8-20, 1-3 MAAC) at St. Bonaventure (4-20, 1-2 A-10)
Date: April 9, 2014
Time: Game One starts at 3 p.m.
Place: McGraw-Jennings Field – Olean, N.Y.
Live Stats: Available through GoBonnies.com
Twitter: @GoGriffs (athletic department) or @GriffsSoftball (softball)
Hashtags: #Griffs #MAACSoftball
SOFTBALL TRAVELS TO PLAY AT ST. BONAVENTURE
- The Canisius softball team returns to non-league play on Wednesday when the Golden Griffins travel to Olean, N.Y. to meet long-time rival St. Bonaventure.
- The Griffs are 8-20 overall and 1-3 in MAAC play after splitting a MAAC twinbill with Fairfield Monday afternoon.
- Canisius's 3-0 win over the Stags on Monday snapped the team's four-game losing streak.
- Wednesday's series at St. Bonaventure will be the team's first road games of the season in the state of New York. The Blue and Gold is 2-6 on the road this season.
- Freshman Jessica Berzins leads the Griffs with her .342 batting average this season. Last week in six games, the Griffs' primary centerfielder hit .421 (8-for-19) with three doubles, three RBI and a runs scored.
- Berzins had three defensive assists last week, all of which came in the series against Fairfield.
- Sophomore Alexis Roman ranks second on the team with her .312 batting average. Junior Robin Kennery is hitting .308 on the year, and the Griffs start Wednesday's games on the road with just four players hitting better than .250 this season.
- Sophomore Meghan Cuda leads the Griffs with her seven home runs and 18 RBI this year. Cuda's seven homers this season ranks among the conference's leaders.
- As a team, Canisius has 36 extra-base hits this year, with 26 of those being doubles. Berzins and Kennery lead the way with six doubles each.
- Freshman Lindsey Silfer starts the series at St. Bonaventure on a season-long five-game hitting streak.
- Senior pitcher Jen Consaul leads the way for the Canisius pitching staff. She is 7-11 this year with a 2.98 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 124.1 innings of work.
- Consaul has started a team-high 17 games this year and she has posted 15 complete-games. Her 3-0 shutout win of Fairfield on Monday was her second shutout victory of the season.
THE ST. BONAVENTURE SCOUT
- The Bonnies are 4-20 overall and 1-2 in Atlantic 10 action after beating St. Louis 6-5 at home on April 6.
- St. Bonaventure has been out scored 161-49 this year. The Bonnies have allowed a total of 59 runs through the first three innings in games this year.
- Sophomore Emily McDonough leads the Bonnies with her .432 batting average. She has played in just 14 games this season.
- Freshman pitcher Kristen Hickling leads the Bonnies staff with her 4-8 record in 12 starts this year. Opponents are hitting .352 against St. Bonaventure pitching this season.
- This will mark the 69th and 70th all-time games between Canisius and St. Bonaventure. The Griffs lead the series 55-13.
- Canisius has won five-straight games over St. Bonaventure, including a total of four wins coming in the 2013 season.