Canisius (16-28, 6-10 MAAC) at Marist (22-22, 12-4 MAAC)
Date: May 3, 2014
Time: Game One starts at noon
Place: Marist Softball Park – Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Live Stats: Available through GoRedFoxes.com
Canisius vs. Quinnipiac (10-33, 5-11 MAAC)
Date: May 4, 2014
Time: Game One starts at noon
Place: QU Softball Field – Hamden, Conn.
Live Stats: Available through QuinnipiacBobcats.com
Twitter: @GoGriffs (athletic department) or @GriffsSoftball (softball)
Hashtags: #Griffs #MAACSoftball
SOFTBALL CLOSES REGULAR SEASON ON THE ROAD
• The Canisius softball team will close out the 2014 regular season on the road with a pair of MAAC doubleheaders at Marist and Quinnipiac.
• The Griffs are 16-28 overall and 6-10 in MAAC play. The Blue and Gold swept Rider at home May 26 before dropping a pair of home dates to MAAC newcomer Monmouth May 27.
• Canisius is 6-10 in true road games this season, with two of those victories coming in league play.
• The Griffs start the final weekend of the regular season tied for seventh in the conference with Niagara. Both the Griffs and the Purple Eagles are three games back of Manhattan and Monmouth in the league standings.
• Canisius freshman Jessica Berzins was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week last Monday after she hit .389 (7-for-18) with a doubles, five runs scored and two RBI in six games.
• Berzins is the second Canisius freshman to be named the league's Rookie of the Week this season - fellow newcomer Lindsey Silfer was honored by the conference office for her play on April 15.
• Berzins leads the team with her .339 batting average this season. She also leads the team with nine doubles and six defensive assists, which is tops among the team's regular outfielders.
• Silfer is batting .331 on the year and her 43 hits ranks second on the team, behind junior Robin Kennery's team-high 46 hits.
• Kennery is the team's leader with 24 RBI this year. She has 88 RBI in her career, which ranks 13th in school history. Her seven doubles this season gives her 24 in her career. That ranks 19th all-time in school history.
• Senior Valorie Nappo enters the final weekend of the regular season riding a six-game hitting streak, her longest hitting streak of the season.
• Berzin has reached base safely in 10-straight games. She is on a season-long five-game hitting streak as well.
• Senior Jen Consaul is 15-18 with a 2.51 ERA and 104 strikeouts in 226 innings of work this season. Consaul starts the final weekend of the regular season ranked fifth in the MAAC in total strikeouts.
• Consaul, the program's career leader in complete games with 83, was one of two pitchers to be named the the Capital One Academic All-District I First Team.
THE MARIST SCOUT
• The Red Foxes enter the weekend with an overall record of 22-22 with a 12-4 mark in MAAC play.
• Marist ranks third in the MAAC in team batting average at .284 and the Red Foxes have stolen 66 bases this season as a team - 20 more than the next closest team in the league.
• Junior Taylor Kuzma leads the Marist offense with her .382 batting average. She has six doubles, seven homers, 32 runs scored and she is 17-for-18 in stolen base chances.
• Senior Paige Lewis has a team-high 10 wins in the circle for Marist. She has appeared in 20 games, making 15 starts.
CANISIUS vs. MARIST SERIES
• Canisius and Marist have played 39 times, with the Griffs leading the series 27-12.
• Last season, the teams split in the regular season when they played a MAAC twinbill at the Demske Sports Complex.
• Canisius and Marist have split the regular-season series in each of the previous six years.
THE QUINNIPIAC SCOUT
• The Bobcats are 10-33 overall and 5-11 in MAAC play. Quinnipiac, which is in its first year as a MAAC member, has dropped three-straight games to start the weekend.
• Junior Jordan Paolucci leads the way for the Bobcats' offense. She is hitting .365 with nine home runs and 26 RBI this year.
• As a team, Quinnipiac his hitting .260 on the year, which ranks eighth in the MAAC. The Bobcats have been outscored by an average of 3.8 runs per game this season.
• Junior Hannah Lindsley has a team-high six wins in the circle for Quinnipiac. The Bobcats' team ERA of 6.18 ranks last in the MAAC.
• This will mark the first time Canisius and Quinnipiac have played in softball.