MAAC TOURNAMENT SCENARIOS
• The Griffs’ finale against Marist has big implications on the 2013 MAAC Tournament.
• A win by Canisius secures the top seed for the tournament. The Griffs will then play fourth-seeded Siena, while second-seeded Fairfield plays No. 3 Marist.
• If Marist wins on Saturday, the Griffs and Red Foxes will share the regular-season title. Marist will earn the one seed and play Siena in the semifinals, while No. 2 Canisius would play No. 3 Fairfield in a rematch of each of the last two MAAC Championships.
A CHANCE AT HISTORY
• A win on Saturday would clinch the program’s first outright MAAC regular-season title.
• Canisius would also earn its highest seed at a MAAC Championship if victorious. The Griffs have earned the second seed four times (2006, 2010-12) but have never been the top seed.
• The women’s lacrosse team is also looking to become just the second time in Canisius history to complete a MAAC season undefeated. The softball team finished the 1993 conference season with a 10-0 record.
SENIOR DAY CELEBRATION
• Four seniors are looking to leave the Demske on top on Saturday.
• Morgan Leonard, Meghan McGunigle, Gina Molfetta and Lindsey Morgan are all set to appear in their final home game at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The four players have appeared in 183 career games with 239 points, 188 goals, 51 assists and 107 saves.
• The senior class at Canisius is making its mark as the best in the program’s history.
• The Class of 2013 has totaled 45 wins during its four-year careers, the most in any four-year period during the team’s history. The Class of 2012 held the previous standard with 42 wins.
CANISIUS - MARIST HISTORY
• The Griffs are meeting the Red Foxes for the 20th time on Saturday, the most of any opponent in Canisius’ history.
• Marist is 15-4 all-time against Canisius.
• However, the Griffs have won three of five meetings against the Red Foxes since the current seniors first arrived on campus.
• Last year, the schools split a pair of games. Marist posted a 13-11 win during the regular season with Canisius winning in the semifinals, 14-5.
ABOUT THE RED FOXES
• Marist enters the weekend with an 8-8 overall record, winning each of its last four games.
• The Red Foxes are currently 4-1 in MAAC play. A win on Saturday would result in the top seed for Marist, while a loss would drop the team to third.
• Tierney Larson leads the Red Foxes with 53 points this season, recording nine goals to go along with a MAAC-leading 44 assists. Ashley Miller ranks second on the team with 46 points and leads the squad with 41 goals.
• Ashley Casiano has started all 16 games in goal for the Red Foxes, posting a .468 save percentage and a 10.19 goals against average.