Canisius vs. Fairleigh Dickinson (Friday - 5:30 p.m.)
Canisius vs. Bucknell (Saturday - Noon)
The Canisius volleyball team plays in its final non-conference tournament of the regular season at the Bucknell Invitational this weekend. Canisius returns home to host the University at Buffalo in the Koessler Athletic Center on Tuesday, at 6 p.m.
NOTING THE GRIFFS
- Junior Emily Litwin was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Mountaineer Invitational last weekend while senior Sydney Palka was named to the All-Tournament Team at the season-opening Golden Griffin Invitational.
- Senior Emily Elek averaged 4.00 digs and 2.25 kills per set to go along with a .241 attack percentage in four matches at the Mountaineer Invitational.
- Senior Roxanne Hernandez has posted at least three blocks in five matches and at least one block in all eight matches.
- Sophomore Amy Osinski had 10 kills on 17 attack attempts on the second day of last weekend's Mountaineer Invitational.
- Sophomore Rachel Kline had a career-high 12 kills against Norfolk State (Sept. 7), posting a career-high in kills for the second time in four matches.
- Freshman Jacklyn Malusa had a career-high 11 kills against Navy on Sept. 7, and posted double-digit kills in back-to-back matches.
- The Golden Griffins have played six sets that have gone extra points in eight matches this season, posting a 2-4 record in those sets.
- Bucknell enters the weekend with a 4-2 record. The Bison defeated Iona in three sets and lost to the University at Buffalo in three sets at the Cornell Invitational last weekend.
- Bucknell leads the all-time series 8-2 and are meeting for the first time since 2010 when they played in a tournament in the Koessler Athletic Center.
- Fairleigh Dickinson enters the weekend with an 0-9 record. The Knights have lost in three sets to Bucknell earlier this season and also lost to Saint Peter's in four sets.
- Canisius and Fairleigh Dickinson are meeting for the seventh time and for the first time since the 2009 season. The all-time series is even at 3-3.