DEFENSE STEPS UP AGAINST BUFFALO
• After a slow start to the 2013 campaign on the back end, the Griffs showed what they are capable of against Buffalo on Wednesday.
• The Griffs held the Bulls scoreless in 110-minutes of action and allowed only four shots on goal during the contest.
• The four shots on goal were the fewest allowed by the Griffs since surrendering just two versus Loyola on Oct. 7, 2012.
• Canisius had allowed nine goals during the first three games of the season prior to Wednesday’s shutout.
• Unfortunately for Canisius, the Griffs couldn’t capitalize with a goal of its own against its cross-town rival. It marked only the second time in the last 19 games that Canisius was held without a tally.
• The 2013 Canisius roster features players from five different states in addition to five other countries.
• A total of nine players hail from either Canada, England, Germany, Italy and Jamaica.
• Four of the Griffs’ five goals have been scored by international players (80 percent) in addition to three of the team’s four assists this season (75 percent).
CANISIUS – ROBERT MORRIS SERIES HISTORY
• In 15 all-time meetings between the two schools, Robert Morris holds a 10-2-3 advantage against the Griffs.
• Last season, the two schools played to a scoreless draw in Moon Township.
• The Griffs’ last win in the series was during the 2009 campaign – a 4-1 victory in Buffalo.
ABOUT THE COLONIALS
• Robert Morris enters the weekend with a 1-1-2 record during the 2013 campaign.
• The Colonials are coming off their first victory of the season after a 2-1 win against Wright State on Wednesday.
• Carl Reid leads the team with five points on two goals and one assist. Neco Brett has also chipped in a team-best two tallies.
• Joseph Kuta has played every second in goal for the Colonials, posting a 0.90 goals against average and .789 save percentage.