2010-11 • Redshirt Sophomore Year
• Joined the active roster after sitting out the 2009-10 season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules.
• Played in 30 games and made 26 starts in his first season as a Golden Griffin.
• Averaged 10.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game.
• Ranked fourth on the team and 23rd in the MAAC in scoring average in 2010-11.
• Scored a career-high 29 points in a loss at Siena (Jan. 17).
• Posted 19 points in his first game as a Griff Nov. 14 in a win over St. Bonaventure at home.
• His 19 points against the Bonnies stands as the most points for a Canisius player in their first game in Blue and Gold since 1992-93.
• Was good for double figures in the scoring column 15 times and 10 times in the final 15 contests.
• Had 10-plus points in five straight and seven of eight games from Jan. 15-Feb. 6.
• Scored three game-winning baskets - vs. Siena (Jan. 7), vs. Iona (Jan. 23) and at Rider (Feb. 11).
• Pulled down a career-high seven rebounds in a win over Saint Peter's at home (Feb. 6).
• Ranked sixth in the MAAC with his 3.9 assists per game average.
• Was credited with a career-high seven assists in two games - vs. Niagara (Jan. 28) and at Niagara (Feb. 16).
• Closed out the season shooting 42.6 percent (121-for-284) from the field.
• Led the team with 41 steals, and tied for eighth with 1.4 swipes per outing.
• Led the team in average minutes played at 30.6 per game.
• Played in 18 games for South Florida during the 2008-09 season where he aveaged 0.7 points and 0.5 rebounds per game in a reserve roll.
• Scored his first collegiate points against Oral Roberts (Dec. 22).
• Finished that game with a career-high eight points after going 2-for-5 from the field, 1-for-3 from behind the arc and 3-for-4 from the free-throw line.
• Had two rebounds in three different games.
• Scored five points against Louisville at home (Jan. 7).
• Finished the season shooting 83.3 percent from the free-throw line.
• Averaged 2.6 minutes per game.
• Spent his senior year of high school at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, Mass., one of the top prep schools in the country.
• Rated the 29th best 5th-year player in the country by Hoopscoop.com.
• Attended Montverde Academy in Montverde, Fla., for two seasons, helping the team go undefeated during the 2006-07 year.
• The son of Jose and Elba Belardo.
• Full name is Gabriel Jose Belardo.
• Has two brothers, Eduardo and Emmanuel.
• Plans on majoring in communications at Canisius.
• Born Oct. 6, 1989 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.