SCOUTING THE GRIFFS
• After starting the season with a 1-8 mark, Canisius has won each of its last two games to improve to 3-8 on the year. The Griffs are 2-2 in the MAAC.
• Sophomore Tim Edwards leads the team with 32 points and 16 assists this season, while freshman Vince Gravino ranks second with 24 points, scoring a team-best 17 goals.
• Sophomore netminder Alex Govenettio has started 10-of-11 games in goal for Canisius, posting an 11.63 goals against average and .444 save percentage.
• Coming off a school-record performance on Monday, senior Mike Moran leads the Griffs in faceoffs, winning 60.7 percent of restarts (119-of-196).
SENIOR DAY CEREMONY
• Prior to Saturday’s final home regular-season game against Jacksonville, the Griffs will honor 10 seniors for their contributions to the program.
• Nick Anderson, Kyle Bell, Steve Berntson, Nick Caldiero, Nick Carrasco, Brendan Fox, Kevin Lalley, Mike Moran, Joe Rautenstrauch and Hugh Weir will all appear in their final home regular-season contest on Saturday.
• The 10 seniors have combined to appear in 197 career games with 48 points, 26 goals, 22 assists, 283 ground balls, 233 faceoff wins and 46 saves.
RAUTENSTRAUCH BECOMES OFFENSIVE FORCE
• One player that is taking advantage of the new rules that puts an emphasis on two-way midfielders is senior Joe Rautenstrauch.
• Primarily a defensive midfielder during his first three seasons at Canisius, Rautenstrauch now ranks second on the team with 16 goals as a senior and third with 19 points. He set career highs in Monday’s 12-11 win, recording six points and five goals against Binghamton.
• Rautenstrauch went scoreless during the first 26 games of his career prior to the season.
• In addition to his 16 goals this season, Rautenstrauch ranks second on the team (and first among non face-off players) with 30 ground balls in 2013.
• The biggest strength for the Griffs this year has come at the faceoff X with senior Mike Moran.
• Moran ranks first in the MAAC and eighth nationally by winning 60.7 percent of his restarts (119-of-196) this season. His 60.7 winning percentage currently is the second-best mark in school history.
• The senior has been at his best in the Griffs’ three wins this season, claiming 73.0 percent of his faceoffs (46-of-63) in the three victories.
CANISIUS - JACKSONVILLE SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Dolphins are meeting for the third time. Jacksonville won each of the first two contests.
• Last season, the Griffs raced out to an 8-4 lead at Jacksonville but the Dolphins held Canisius scoreless for the final 40:53 of the game to squeak out a 9-8 victory.
ABOUT THE DOLPHINS
• Jacksonville is 6-4 on the season and is second in the MAAC with a 4-1 conference record.
• The Dolphins are coming off their first MAAC loss of the season, falling to Marist, 14-11, last Saturday. The loss ended the team’s four-game winning streak.
• Cameron Mann and TJ Kenary lead the Dolphins with 21 points on 13 goals and eight assists this season. Ari Waffle has scored a team-best 14 goals.
• Pete DeLuca has started 9-of-10 games in net, posting a 9.04 goals against average to go along with a .577 save percentage.
• Dan McNulty has led the Dolphins in faceoffs, winning 52.4 percent of restarts (118-of-225).