Dates: April 20-21, 2013
Course: Lonnie Poole Golf Course – Raleigh, N.C.
Course Info: Par 72; 7,358 Yards
Format: 36 holes (18 each day on April 20 and 21)
The Field: Boston College, Canisius, Clemson, Columbia, Drexel, Duke, Francis Marion, George Mason Loyola (MD), NC State, St. John’s, Valparaiso, William & Mary
CANISIUS SET FOR FINAL TUNE-UP BEFORE MAAC CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Canisius College golf team is scheduled to play a two-day, 36-hole event in Raleigh, N.C., at the 2013 Wolfpack Spring Open, hosted by NC State April 20-21.
- The Golden Griffins placed seventh as a team last week at the Detroit Titan Invitational in Highland, Mich.
- Senior Michael Carrig tied for 10th in Detroit with a three-round tally of 220 - his lowest 54-hole score of the year.
- This marks the first time Canisius has played in the Wolfpack Open. The field for this year’s event is made up of 13 teams.
- This will be Canisius’ final event before the Blue and Gold travels to Orlando, Fla., April 26-28 for the 2013 MAAC Golf Championships.