Turning Stone Tiger Intercollegiate at a Glance
Dates: Sept. 1-2, 2013
Course: Kaluhyat Course at Turning Stone Resort
Place: Verona, N.Y.
Course Info: Par 72 – 7,105 Yards
Format: 54 holes (36 played on Sept. 1 and 18 played on Sept. 2)
The Field: Binghamton, Canisius, Central Connecticut State, Cleveland State, Connecticut, Detroit, George Mason, LaSalle, Loyola (Chicago), McNeese State, Missouri (host), Seton Hall, Saint Peter’s and Villanova
GRIFFS START FALL SEASON AT TURNING STONE
- The Canisius College golf team officially opens the 2013-14 season on Sunday, Sept. 1, when the team takes part in the first two rounds of the fifth annual Turning Stone Tiger Intercollegiate, hosted by Missouri.
- The event, which Missouri has won two previous times, will be played at the par-72, 7,105-yard Kaluhyat Course on Turning Stone’s property. The first 36 holes will be played Sunday, Sept. 1, and the final 18 will tee off at 8 a.m., Monday, Sept. 2.
- This marks the fourth time Canisius has played in the Turning Stone Tiger Intercollegiate. The Golden Griffins finished 10th in the field last fall.
- The 2013-14 Canisius golf roster is currently made up of seven players – four sophomores and three freshmen.
- Last year, the Blue and Gold had players from both ends of the scale with three seniors and four freshmen.
- Sophomores Hunter Sagar and Andrew Romano played in all 26 rounds last year for the Blue and Gold as true freshmen. Each player had a top-10 finish to their credit, with Sagar placing sixth at the 2012 Little Three Championship at Harvest Hill Golf Course in Orchard Park, N.Y.
NEXT ON THE TEE
- The Griffs will continue their fall schedule Sept. 16-17, when the team travels to Olean, N.Y., to take part in the Leo Keenan Invitational at Bartlett Country Club.
- The Leo Keenan event is a 36-hole tournament that started in 1989. The last time Canisius was a participant in the Leo Keenan field was during the 2007 season.