Canisius head golf coach Todd Hummel announced today (April 20) that Ryan Misko (Erie, Pa.) has officially signed his NCAA National Letter of Intent to join the Golden Griffins for the 2017-18 academic year.
Mikso is currently a senior at Erie Cathedral Prep, where he served as a team captain for the Ramblers in the fall of 2016. The 2016 Erie (Pa.) Region Player of the Year, Misko helped lead Erie Cathedral Prep to a fifth-place finish at the 2016 PIAA Team Golf Championship at the AAA level. A member of the National Honor Society, Misko is the son of Kevin and Laura Misko, and his grandfather, Dennis, played basketball for the Griffs from 1964-67.
RYAN MISKO | 5-10 | Erie, Pa. | Erie Cathedral Prep
• Four-year letterwinner at Erie Cathedral Prep, where he played for head coach Jay Willow.
• Shot a 77 at the 2016 PIAA Team Golf Championship, where his team finished fifth.
• 2016 Erie District Golf Association (EDGA) Junior Stroke Play champion.
• The 2016 EDGA Flagship Golf Tour champion.
• Two-time (2015, 2016) first-team all-region honoree.
Hummel on Misko: “Ryan attended a very competitive high school, and he was a leader on the course and in the classroom. He has played in a lot of high-quality events, and I believe he will be able to use that experience to excel here at Canisius. I expect him to fit right in here, and his addition improves our roster depth tremendously. I am excited to see what Ryan will do here as a member of our golf program.”