SCOUTING THE GRIFFS
• Canisius enters the game with a 1-6 record with a 1-1 mark in MAAC play.
• Sophomore Tim Edwards and freshman Vince Gravino are tied for the team lead with 22 points this season. Gravino has scored a team-best 15 goals, while Edwards leads the Griffs with 14 assists.
• Sophomore netminder Alex Govenettio has started 6-of-7 games in goal for Canisius, posting an 11.83 goals against average and .473 save percentage.
• Senior Mike Moran leads the Griffs in faceoffs, winning 58.1 percent of restarts (68-of-117).
• If there is one area of concern for the nationally-ranked Orange, it is faceoffs and it matches up well with a strength for Canisius.
• Senior Mike Moran has led the Griffs by winning 58.1 percent of his restarts. He entered the week ranked 13th nationally and first in the MAAC.
• Moran had one of the finest days by a Canisius faceoff specialist on March 9 against Albany, winning 20-of-25 battles at the X. His 20 faceoffs wins are the most in school history, surpassing the previous record of 18. He also collected a career-best 12 ground balls.
• Overall, Canisius ranks 16th as a team with a .541 faceoff percentage, while Syracuse is 55th (of 63 teams) with a .414 faceoff percentage.
GRAVINO WITH A ROOKIE SHINE
• Freshman Vince Gravino has made quite the impact in a short amount of time for Canisius.
• Just seven games into his career, Gravino is tied for the team lead with 22 points and ranks first with 15 goals to go along with seven assists.
• A two-time MAAC Rookie of the Week, Gravino ranks third nationally among rookies with 3.14 points per game and fifth with 2.14 goals per game.
• Gravino had his best game of the year in the Griffs’ win against VMI, recording seven points (4g, 3a). The seven points are the most by a Griff freshman since Adam Jones also had seven points in 2008.
CANISIUS - SYRACUSE HISTORY
• The two New York schools are set to meet for only the second time in men’s lacrosse.
• In the only previous meeting, Syracuse defeated Canisius, 20-3, in the first round of the 2008 NCAA Tournament en route to the national title.
ABOUT THE ORANGE
• Syracuse is 5-2 on the season and enters the week ranked ninth in the latest USILA national poll.
• The Orange had its five-game winning streak snapped last weekend in an 11-10 setback at Villanova.
• JoJo Marasco leads the Orange with 24 points on seven goals and 17 assists this season. Luke Comettihas has scored a team-best 11 goals.
• Two Syracuse goalies have seen a majority of action this season with Dominic Lamolinara owning a 2-1 record to go along with a 7.80 goals against average and .609 save percentage and Bobby Wardwell posting a 3-1 record, 9.50 goals against average and .451 save percentage.
• Chris Daddio has led the team’s efforts at the faceoff X, winning 55-of-113 restarts (.487 winning percentage).