The Canisius College women’s soccer team will play its final regular season contest of the 2013 campaign on Saturday, when the Griffs host Saint Peter’s (2-13-0, 0-9-0 MAAC).
• The Griffs will honor seniors Katie Griffin, Kelly McMahon, Brianna Smith, Adrianna Suk and Megan Tock prior to the game.
• Griffin has played in 67 career-contests, including 42 straight. She has 14 career points and two game-winning goals in her career as a midfielder.
• McMahon has started 44 games in her career. She has three goals and eight points this season – both of which are career-highs.
• Smith ranks second on the Griffs all-time goal scorers list with 37 goals – eight of which are game-winners. She has played in 77 career contests, starting 71 and is a two-time All-MAAC First Team Selection.
• Suk has 64 career games on her resume as a defender. She was part of the back line that posted a school-record eight shutouts her freshman season. Suk also has a goal and an assist as a Griff.
• Tock has started all but one contest for the Griffs this season, with 41 career games on her resume. Tock has five career shutouts and currently ranks fifth in the nation in total saves this season.
• The Griffs sit at 10th place in the MAAC standings prior to the season’s final day with a 2-7-0 record.
• Canisius cannot drop in the standings regardless of Saturday’s outcome.
• A Griffs’ win coupled with a Manhattan (2-6-1 MAAC) loss would vault the Griffs into 9th place, which is the highest position the Griffs could finish.
Scouting the Peacocks
• The Peacocks are currently winless in MAAC Play at 0-9-0.
• Ashley Drozd and Emily Fenice, who share the team-lead in goals with three apiece, lead Saint Peter’s offensively.
• Molly O’Halloran leads the team with 47 saves in 14 appearances this season.
• Canisius is 18-4-0 all time against Saint Peter’s.
• The Griffs took the last meeting by a score of 3-2 in overtime on Oct. 12, 2012.
• Smith scored an unanswered hat trick for the Griffs on her own after falling down 2-0 in the first half.
Kickoff for the contest is scheduled for 1 p.m., with senior day festivities scheduled to start at 12:45.