Canisius at Siena
Saturday, Nov. 9 - 1 p.m.
Alumni Recreation Center (Loudonville, N.Y.)
Canisius at Marist
Sunday, Nov. 10 - Noon
McCann Arena (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.)
Saturday Live Video and Live Stats: SienaSaints.com
Sunday Live Video: GoGriffs.com and MAAC.TV
Sunday Live Stats: GoGriffs.com
The Canisius volleyball team wraps up its regular-season road schedule at Siena College on Saturday, and then at Marist College on Sunday.
FIGHTING FOR A POSTSEASON SPOT
- The Golden Griffins enter the weekend with an 8-6 record in conference play, sitting in sixth place in a tightly-bunched top half of the league standings.
- Siena is in fifth place at 9-5 while Iona is in fourth at 10-5, and Marist is in third at 10-4.
- The top four teams will qualify for the MAAC Championship, which will be held Nov. 23-24, at Siena College.
- Canisius has finished in the top four of the regular-season standings in each of the last three seasons and five times in the last seven years.
NOTING THE GRIFFS
- The Griffs have won 10 of their last 17 matches and has a 5-4 record in road matches this season.
- Canisius leads the MAAC in blocks per set (2.26). Senior Roxanne Hernandez is third in the MAAC at 1.10 blocks per set.
- Senior Emily Elek has 957 kills, needing 43 kills to become the 10th player in program history with 1,000 career kills.
- Sophomore Lauren Siebert is seventh in the MAAC in attack percentage (.259).
- Junior Emily Litwin is second in the MAAC in digs per set (4.85).
A LOOK AT SIENA
- Siena is 10-14 overall and 8-6 in the MAAC standings. The Saints have dropped their last four matches following a 10-match stretch where Siena posted a 9-1 record.
- Taylor Akana ranks second in the MAAC at 3.26 kills per set and is fourth in the league with 30 service aces.
- Jacqueline Skeen is fourth in the MAAC in blocks per set (1.05) and ninth in attack percentage (.248).
- Siena and Canisius went five sets in the first meeting between the teams on Sept. 29, in the KAC. The Griffs defeated the Saints in four sets in Loudonville last year.
- Marist enters the weekend with a 16-8 overall record and 10-4 record in conference play. The Red Foxes have won their last three matches.
- Mackenzie Stephens ranks second in the MAAC in attack percentage (.306), third in kills per set (3.10) and eighth in blocks per set (0.91).
- Lexi Millington leads the MAAC with 50 service aces. Brooke Zywick is first in the MAAC in digs per set (4.92), and Audra Brady is first in the conference in assists per set (10.81).
- Marist leads the MAAC in attack percentage (.216) and opponents' attack percentage (.159).
- Marist swept Canisius in the first meeting between the teams on Sept. 28, in Buffalo. Canisius has won in Poughkeepsie twice in the last three seasons.