Date: Monday, November 18
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Piscataway, N.J. | The RAC
Talent: Jonathan Yardley (p-x-p) and Rob Kennedy (color)
Live Audio: AM-1400 (Buffalo) & GoGriffs.com
Talent: Jay Moran (p-x-p) and Dave Schofield (color)
Live Stats: GoGriffs.com
Twitter: @Griffs_MBB | #Griffs; #MAACHoops
The Canisius College men's basketball team will take on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in the first round of the 2013 NIT Season Tip Off Monday night in New Jersey. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
TONIGHT’S OPPONENT: RUTGERS
• Rutgers enters tonight’s game with a 2-1 overall record after the Scarlet Knights defeated Yale 72-71 Nov. 14, at home.
• The Scarlet Knights are 2-0 this season in The RAC, having also defeated Florida A&M in the 2013-14 season opener Nov. 8.
• Three Rutgers players are averaging double figures in the scoring column, led by redshirt junior forward Kadeem Jack. Jack is averaging 19.7 points per game this season.
• Canisius lost just its second game in the month of November under second-year head coach Jim Baron when the Golden Griffins lost at St. Bonaventure Nov. 16 by the score of 86-64.
• This marks the first of five games for the Griffs in the state of New Jersey this season.
FAST BREAK POINTS
• This is the 110th season of Canisius men’s basketball. The Griffs are the first MAAC school to reach the 110-year varsity anniversary.
• This is the second time Canisius has taken part in the NIT Season Tip Off event. The Griffs went 1-1 in its previous appearance, which came during the 1994-95 season.
ABOUT THE SCARLET KNIGHTS
• Rutgers comes into tonight’s game with a record of 2-1 under first-year head coach Eddie Jordan.
• The Scarlet Knights are 2-0 at home this season, having defeated Florida A&M Nov. 8 and Yale Nov. 14.
• Redshirt junior Kadeem Jack leads the way for the Scarlet Knights’ offense with his 19.7 points per game scoring average. He’s scored in double figures in all three games this season, highlighted by his 30-point effort in Rutgers’ 92-84 win over Florida A&M opening night.
• Junior guard Myles Mack is averaging 16.0 points and 4.3 assists per game for the Scarlet Knights, who come into this game averaging 80 points per game.
• Jack is the team’s leading rebounder with his 7.7 boards per outing this year. He’s also tied for the team lead with five blocked shots.
• As a team, Rutgers is shooting 45.2 percent from the field and 32.1 percent from 3-point land. Opponents are shooting 42.6 percent from the field against Rutgers so far this season.
• Head coach Eddie Jordan is in his first year at the helm of the Rutgers men’s basketball program. He is one of seven active Division I head coaches to have played in the NBA. He averaged 8.1 points per game in his NBA career, which lasted from 1977-84.
CANISIUS - RUTGERS SERIES
• Tonight’s game between Canisius and Rutgers will mark the first meeting in program history.
• Dating back to 2005-06, Canisius is 11-9 in its last 20 games when meeting an opponent for the in school history.