Canisius (3-3) vs. St. Bonaventure (6-3)
Wednesday, Dec. 4 — 7 p.m.
Koessler Athletic Center
Live Video: Golden Griffin Broadcast Network and MAAC.TV
Free Audio Broadcast: GoGriffs.com
Mike Scott (p-x-p)
Amy Audibert (color)
Kyle Ferrara (sideline)
Twitter: @CanisiusWBB @GoGriffs
Hashtags: #Griffs #MAACHoops
- The Canisius women’s basketball team returns to the Koessler Athletic Center for two home games in the span of four days, starting with Wednesday night’s game against St. Bonaventure.
- Canisius and St. Bonaventure are meeting for the 46th time, with the Bonnies leading the series, 23-22.
- St. Bonaventure defeated Canisius 66-44 in the Reilly Center last season, and the Bonnies have won the last seven games in the series.
- Canisius coach Terry Zeh is a 1990 graduate of St. Bonaventure University.
- Senior Jamie Ruttle was named to the preseason All-MAAC Third Team. It is the third time in Ruttle’s career that she has been selected to a preseason All-MAAC Team.
- Canisius was picked to finish sixth of 11 teams in the MAAC Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
- At Big Four Media Day on Oct. 14, Ruttle was voted to the All-Big Four First Team while senior Jen Morabito and junior Kayla Hoohuli were each voted to the All-Big Four Second Team.
NOTING THE GRIFFS
- After Monday’s games, Canisius ranks third in the country with an assist on 74.8 percent of their made field goals.
- Canisius has shot 42 percent or better in four of the first six games this season. Canisius shot 42 percent or better in four games total last season.
- Senior Jamie Ruttle ranks 25th in program history in points (950) and needs 50 points to become the 21st player in program history with 1,000 points.
- Senior Jen Morabito ranks 56th in the country in 3-point field goals made per game (2.67) and 75thin 3-point field goal percentage (42.1). Morabito also ranks sixth in program history in career 3-pointers (174) and is tied for first in 3-point field goal percentage (37.7).
- Senior Jen Lennox is third in the program’s Division I history with 86 blocks.
- Sophomore Tiahana Mills is the only player in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference averaging at least nine points, five rebounds and five assists per game.
ST. BONAVENTURE SCOUT
- St. Bonaventure enters Wednesday’s game with a 6-3 record. The Bonnies have wins over Green Bay, Monmouth and Fairfield while losing North Carolina State, Connecticut and Marist.
- Katie Healy leads the team at 13.4 points per game to go along with 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Hannah Little leads the team at 8.9 rebounds per contest. St. Bonaventure has a +6.6 rebounding margin to go along with a 34.9 offensive rebounding percentage and 74.1 defensive rebounding percentage.
- Chelsea Bowker leads the team with 18 3-pointers on the season while Nyla Rueter has made 11 3-pointers. The Bonnies are averaging 4.6 3-pointers per game and shooting 34.6 percent from behind the arc.
- St. Bonaventure is shooting 71.1 percent from the free-throw line and is averaging 17.1 made free throws per game.
- Healy was named to the All-Big Four Preseason First Team while Bowker earned Second-Team honors.
- St. Bonaventure was picked ninth in the preseason coaches poll for the Atlantic 10.
- Jim Crowley is in his 14th season as head coach of St. Bonaventure. Crowley led the Bonnies to four straight postseason appearances, highlighted by a 31-4 record and Sweet 16 appearance in 2012.