The Canisius College men’s soccer team travels to New Jersey to face the Rider Broncs in a 7 p.m. kick off on Wednesday night.
MISSING THE FINAL TOUCH
• Canisius has lost its last four games (the longest streak for the Griffs since 2011) but the result isn't a true indication of the team's play and more of a sign of just missing.
• The Griffs have outshot their opponent, 60-36, in the four games but haven't been nearly as opportunistic.
• Canisius has scored on just 3.3 percent of its shots during the losing streak (2-60), while its opponent has scored on 19.4 percent of its shots (7-36).
• Prior to the four-game run, Canisius was scoring on 10.4 percent of its chances this season -- which would account for four more goals during the four-game losing streak. Overall, the Griffs have now scored on 8.7 percent of their shots in 2013.
GRIFFS IN CONFERENCE PLAY
• Canisius is currently tied for seventh in the MAAC with Rider with a 2-5-1 mark.
• The Griffs can finish as high as fifth in the conference standings this season with a strong finish in their last two games.
• Last season, Canisius finished tied for ninth in the conference standings with a 1-6-0 record.
CANISIUS - RIDER SERIES HISTORY
• Rider holds a slight edge in the all-time series against the Griffs, 10-8-0.
• Canisius, however, is 8-5-0 against the Broncs since 2001, including wins in four of the last five regular season match-ups.
• The Broncs rallied from being down 1-0 with less than five minutes to play in last year’s regular-season matchup to win in double overtime 2-1.
ABOUT THE BRONCS
• Rider is currently 7-8-1 on the season and is coming off a 3-2 loss to Siena on Saturday.
• Freshman Christian Flath is the Broncs’ leading scorer with five goals and eight assists, including an assist in Saturday’s loss to the Saints
• Freshman David Pastuna will likely get the start against the Griffs this week. Pastuna is 5-7-1 with a 1.48 goals against average and a .733 save percentage in his rookie season.
• Overall, the Broncs have a 5-3-0 home record, including 2-1-0 mark in MAAC play at home.
Menís Soccer Plays at Rider on Wednesday
Courtesy: Canisius College Athletics