GRIFFS IN CONFERENCE OPENERS
• Canisius is 7-14-1 all-time in conference openers.
• The Griffs have won four of their last five MAAC openers, dating back to the 2006 season.
• Last year, Canisius earned a 1-0 victory over visiting Fairfield when Steve Mahon scored the lone goal in the 17th minute.
• The Griffs' win against the Stags marked just their second in 23 all-time meetings.
• While Canisius typically find itself behind early, the team has proven to be a dangerous second-half squad.
• The Griffs have been outscored 9-2 in the first half this season and have conceded the first goal in 7-of-8 games. However, Canisius has doubled its offensive output in the second half (4), while allowing nearly 50 percent less goals (5).
• Canisius won back-to-back games against St. Bonaventure and Buffalo earlier in the season despite surrendering the first goal in both games.
• It marked the first time since the 2007 season that the Griffs overcame a deficit to win consecutive games (vs. Manhattan and Saint Peter's).
WOMEN'S LACROSSE TEAM TO BE HONORED AT HALFTIME
• The Canisius women's lacrosse team will be presented their MAAC Championship rings during halftime of Friday's game.
• The Griffs won a school-record 14 games during the 2011 season en route to the program's first conference title, defeating Fairfield, 13-8, in the championship game.
CANISIUS - SIENA SERIES HISTORY
• In a series that dates back to the 1987 season, Siena holds a 13-9-1 edge against the Griffs.
• Canisius has controlled the series as of late, winning six of the last nine meetings between the two schools.
• Siena earned a 3-1 victory last season but the Griffs defeated the Saints, 2-1, the last time the two schools met in Buffalo.
ABOUT THE SAINTS
• Siena enters the weekend with a 3-4-0 record on the season.
• The Saints and the Griffs have two common opponents this year in Syracuse and Buffalo. Canisius defeated the Bulls, while the Saints lost. Against the Orange, Siena earned a victory with the Griffs being edged against Syracuse.
• Joe Miner has scored five of the team's six goals this season and leads the Saints with six points. Both Sindre Ek and Matt Hemsley have added three points (1g, 1a).
• Jack Binks has played every minute in goal for the Saints, posting a goals against average of 0.85 and a save percentage of .778.
CANISIUS - MARIST SERIES HISTORY
• In 15 all-time meetings between the two schools, Marist holds an 11-4-0 advantage against the Griffs in a series that dates back to 1996.
• Marist earned a 4-2 victory to finish the 2010 season last year.
• Prior to its defeat in 2010, Canisius had won three-straight games in the series, including the last two at the Demske Sports Complex.
ABOUT THE RED FOXES
• The Red Foxes enter the weekend with a 4-2-2 record
• Stephen Brossard leads Marist and ranks second in the MAAC with 14 points in 2010. The junior has tallied five goals to go along with four assists this season.
• Tony Confessore ranks second on the team with five points, netting one goal and posting three assists.
• Steve Skonieczny has started all eight games for Marist this season. The former Siena goalkeeper, Skonieczny owns a 1.64 goals against average and .698 save percentage this season.