MAAC CHAMPIONSHIP POSITIONING
• With three conference games remaining, Canisius is in a battle to try and secure a top-six seed to the MAAC Tournament and earn a first-round bye.
• The Griffs currently sit in a tie for eighth place in the conference standings with four points.
• Three teams are just two points ahead of Canisius and tied for fifth with six points. One of the schools are Sunday's opponent Rider.
• One weekend can make a difference as Friday's opponent, Loyola, is currently five points ahead of Canisius and in third place.
• There are a number of new faces on the Canisius roster this season.
• A total of 11 newcomers joined the roster this season, including nine true freshmen.
• Junior Gavin Falconer leads all newcomers with four points and two goals this season, while Asani Samuels became the first Canisius freshman to score a goal in last weekend's contest against Manhattan.
• On the opposite end, team captain J.J. Hughes is the lone Canisius senior this season.
CANISIUS - LOYOLA SERIES HISTORY
• In a series that dates back to the 1990 season, Loyola owns a convincing 21-1-0 advantage against the Griffs.
• Canisius' lone victory in the series came during the 1996 season when the Griffs pulled out a 1-0 win. That season, Canisius won the MAAC regular-season title.
• Last year, the Greyhounds scored two second-half goals to earn a 2-0 victory over the Griffs in Buffalo.
ABOUT THE GREYHOUNDS
• Loyola is 8-4-1 on the season and 3-2-0 against MAAC foes, having won their last three contests - all by shutout.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the team with 14 points and five goals this season, while Stephen Dooley ranks second with 12 points and four goals. Both players are also tied for the team lead with four assists.
• Kyle Wittman has played every minute in goal for the Greyhounds, posting a 0.85 goals against average and .828 save percentage.
CANISIUS - RIDER SERIES HISTORY
• Rider holds a slight edge in the all-time series against the Griffs, 8-7-0.
• Canisius, however, is 7-3-0 against the Broncs since 2001, including wins in each of the last three seasons.
• Last season, Sam Zarka's goal via penalty shot in the 88th led Canisius to a 1-0 victory. Kareem Gray recorded four saves, including one on a penalty kick, to earn the shutout.
ABOUT THE BRONCS
• Rider enters the weekend with a 3-9-1 record and is 2-3-0 in conference play.
• David Benavidez and Dan Friga lead the team with seven points and three goals this season.
• Matt Perrella has started a majority of games in goal, posting a 3-4-1 record, 0.83 goals against average and .821 save percentage.