• Starting with the quarterfinals, each Canisius game will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
• ESPN3 FAQ
• ESPN3 Participating Providers
• Live stats to all Canisius games are also available on GoGriffs.com.
2011 MAAC TOURNAMENT
• After compiling a 2-6-1 record in MAAC play, Canisius earned the eighth seed for the 2011 MAAC Tournament. The Griffs open the championship against No. 9 Rider.
• Canisius earned a 2-1 overtime victory at Rider during the regular season. Overall, the teams have split 16 all-time meetings with each school winning eight times. The Griffs are 8-3-0 in their last 11 games against the Broncs.
• If Canisius advances over Rider, the Griffs will then face top-seeded Fairfield in the quarterfinals. Game time is set for Friday at 1:45 p.m.
• The Stags squeaked out a 2-1 overtime victory over the Griffs during the regular season, scoring with 2:15 left in regulation and 1:25 in overtime for the win.
• Canisius would then play the semifinals on Sunday at 11 a.m. and the championship on Monday at noon if it continues to advance.
SCOUTING THE GRIFFS
• First-year head coach Dermot McGrane led the Griffs to a 4-13-1 record and 2-6-1 mark in conference play.
• Of the team's 18 games this season, 11 were decided by one goal or less.
• Juniors Gavin Falconer and Sam Zarka lead Canisius with six points each. Falconer has netted a team-best three goals, while Zarka has posted two goals and two assists.
• Junior Kareem Gray and sophomore Ryan Arvin have split time in goal this season. Gray (2-8-0) owns a 2.15 goals against average and .667 save percentage, while Arvin (2-5-1) has posted a goals against average of 1.29 and a save percentage of .750.
CANISIUS IN THE MAAC TOURNAMENT
• The Griffs are making their fifth trip to the MAAC Tournament and their first since 2007.
• Canisius is 2-3-1 all-time at the MAAC Tournament, advancing as far as the semifinals in 1996 and 2007.
• In their last trip in 2007, the fourth-seeded Griffs defeated No. 5 Iona, 2-0, before falling to No. 1 Loyola in the semifinals, 3-0.
• Canisius owns records of 1-0-0 against Niagara, 1-0-1 versus Iona, 0-1-0 against Loyola and 0-2-0 versus Fairfield. The Griffs have never faced Manhattan, Marist, Rider, Siena or St. Peter's in the MAAC Tournament.