Canisius (10-20, 1-3 MAAC) at Manhattan (11-19, 1-3 MAAC)
Date: April 12, 2014
Time: Game One starts at 12 p.m.
Place: Gaelic Park – Riverdale, N.Y.
Live Stats: Available through GoJaspers.com
Canisius at Saint Peter’s (4-26, 0-4 MAAC)
Date: April 13, 2014
Time: Game One starts at 11 a.m.
Place: Jaroschak Field – Jersey City, N.J.
Live Stats: Available through SaintPetersPeacocks.com
Twitter: @GoGriffs (athletic department) or @GriffsSoftball (softball)
Hashtags: #Griffs #MAACSoftball
SOFTBALL TRAVELS FOR TWO MAAC DOUBLEHEADERS
• The Canisius softball team returns to league play April 12-13 when the Golden Griffins go on the road to play at Manhattan and Saint Peter’s.
• The Griffs are 10-20 overall and 1-3 in MAAC play this season. Canisius has won three straight after sweeping St. Bonaventure on the road April 9.
• Canisius was swept in its first MAAC doubleheader of the season April 6 at home by Iona and then split with Fairfield on April 7.
• Last season, Canisius went just 1-7 on the road in MAAC games. Canisius enters this weekend having dropped six-straight MAAC road contests.
• Canisius enters the weekend riding a tree-game winning streak, which matches the team’s longest winning streak of the 2014 season.
• Freshman Jessica Berzins leads the Griffs with her .352 batting average this season. She has a team-high 31 hits, with eight of those being doubles.
• Four Griffs are hitting better than .300 for the season, including sophomore Alexis Roman, who is hitting .321 with 13 runs, nine RBI and five doubles. Roman hit her first career home run April 9, in the team’s 10-7 win at St. Bonaventure.
• Sophomore Meghan Cuda leads the team and ranks tied for second in the MAAC with her eight home runs this year. As a team, Canisius has hit 11 homers in 30 games this year after hitting a total of 12 homers last season in 47 games.
• Cuda’s eight homers this year ties her for fourth all-time on the school’s single season home run list. Former Griff Beth Enk also had eight long balls in 2005.
• Cuda has a team-high 20 RBI this year. Last year in her rookie campaign, she had 19 runs batted in through 47 games.
• Junior Michelle DelPrince leads the Griffs with her 18 runs scored. Entering this weekend, six different Canisius players have scored at least 10 runs this year.
• DelPrince also leads the Griffs with five stolen bases on five chances. As a team, Canisius has stolen 21 bases on 27 attempts (77.8 percent success rate).
• Senior Jen Consaul leads the Griffs’ pitching staff this year with her 9-11 record to go with a 3.04 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 138.1 innings of work.
• Consaul has gone the distance 17 times this year in 19 starts. She ranks second all-time in school history with 70 career complete-games, five shy of passing former Griff Michelle Corrigan for first all-time in that category.
THE MANHATTAN SCOUT
• Manhattan is 11-19 overall and 1-3 in MAAC play. The Jaspers swept a non-conference doubleheader against Wagner April 9.
• Freshman Jenn Vazquez leads the way for the Jaspers’ offense with her .333 batting average. She has knocked in 24 runs this year, which ranks second on the team.
• Sophomore Elena Bowman is hitting .329 with 30 RBI, 26 runs scored, 10 doubles and eight home runs. As a team, Manhattan has scored 150 runs on the year and the team has hit 28 homers.
• Senior Kate Bowen is 6-5 in the circle this season with a 3.47 ERA in 68.2 innings of work. Fellow pitcher Amy Bright is 4-10 with a 4.28 ERA and 57 strikeouts in 15 appearances.
CANISIUS vs. MANHATTAN SERIES
• Canisius is 49-10 all-time against Manhattan. The Griffs split the regular-season series with the Jaspers last year in Buffalo.
• The Griffs and the Jaspers have split the regular-season series in each of the previous three years, going back to the 2011 meeting.
THE SAINT PETER’S SCOUT
• Saint Peter’s is 4-26 overall and 0-4 in MAAC play this season. The Peacocks start the weekend having dropped 12-straight games, dating back to March 23.
• As a team, the Peacocks have been out scored 270-85 this season.
• Junior Nicole Olmedo leads the Saint Peter’s offense with her .329 batting average. She has a team best 26 hits this season, including three home runs and three doubles.
• Freshman Crystal Carlucci is 3-7 with an 8.72 ERA in 61 innings of work for the Peacocks pitching staff.
CANISIUS vs. SAINT PETER’S SERIES
• Canisius leads the all-time series with Saint Peter’s by a 44-11 count.
• Dating back to the 2006 season, the Griffs have won 15-straight games against the Peacocks.