Towson/Fireline Invitational at a Glance
Dates: March 30-April 1, 2012
Course: Prospect Bay Country Club - Grasonville, Md.
Course Info: Par 72 - 6,659 Yards
The Field: Canisius, Bethune-Cookman, Binghamton, Central Connecticut State, Colgate, Drexel, Fairfield, FDU, Hartford, Lafayette, Long Island, Loyola (Md.), Mount St. Mary's, Navy, Northern Colorado, Penn State, Sacred Heart, Seton Hall, St. Bonaventure and Saint Peter's.
GOLF TEAM SET TO TAKE
PART IN FIRELINE INVITATIONAL
- The Canisius College golf team gets back to work March 30-April 1, at the 14th annual Fireline Invitational at Prospect Bay Country Club on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
- The Golden Griffins opened the 2012 spring season March 16-17 at the Siena/Homewood Suites Invitational at the Dye Course at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Fla.
- Canisius finished seventh in the field in the two-day, 36-hole event. That tournament is the only 36-hole tourney of the spring for the Blue and Gold.
- Juniors Michael Carrig and Mike Spiotta tied for 25th in the field after each player posted a two-round tally of 158. The 158 for Spiotta matched his previous season-best score in a 36-hole event for 2011-12.
- This will be the 14th Fireline Invitational tournament, which is hosted annually by Towson. There will be 22 teams in this year's field, with Canisius, Fairfield, Loyola (Md.) and Saint Peter's all representing the MAAC.
- The Fireline Invitational boasts a PGA Tour member as a past champion. Former St. John's golfer Keegan Bradley, the 2011 PGA Rookie of the Year, won the tournament title in 1997.