Dates: April 26-28, 2013
Course: Disney’s Palm Golf Course – Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Course Info: Par 72; 7,011 Yards
Format: 54 holes, 18 each day
The Field: Canisius, Fairfield, Iona, Loyola (Md.), Manhattan, Niagara, Rider, Saint Peter’s and Siena
Defending Team Champion: Loyola (Md.) – Score of 868
Defending Individual Champion: Jay Mulieri of Loyola (Md.) – Score of 212
CANISIUS TRAVELS TO 2013 MAAC CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Canisius College golf team will take part in the 2013 MAAC Golf Championships at Disney’s Palm Golf Course in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., April 26-28.
- The Golden Griffins enter the conference’s championship event as the fifth-ranked school in the MAAC. The team will start Friday’s action playing with golfers from Manhattan and Fairfield.
- Canisius has finished fifth in each of the last four MAAC Championships. The program’s best finish at the conference’s postseason tournament came in 1995 and 1997 when the Blue and Gold placed third.
- Three of Canisius’ five players this weekend have MAAC Championship expereince. Seniors Michael Carrig, Mike Spiotta and Joe Vogl have all played in this event previously. For Carrig, the 2010 MAAC Golf Championship was his first career event at Canisius after a mid-semester transfer from DePaul.
- Last year, Vogl shot a career-best score of 222 (in a 54-hole event) and placed 12th.