Cornell Fall Invitational
Dates: Sept. 21-22, 2013
Course: Robert Trent Jones Golf Club
Place: Ithaca, N.Y.
Course Info: Par 71 – 6,408 Yards
The Field: Binghamton, Bucknell, Canisius Colgate, Cornell, Cornell "B Team", Dartmouth, Drexel, Fordham, Lafayette, Ottawa, Rider, St. Bonaventure, Siena and Towson.
Format: 54 holes (36 Saturday, 18 Sunday)
CANISIUS BACK IN ACTION AT CORNELL
- The Canisius College golf team makes a quick turn-around to head east on the New York State Thruway to play in the annual Cornell Fall Invitational.
- The Griffs finished fourth at the Leo Keenan Invitational, which was played in Olean, N.Y. Sept. 16-17.
- The Griffs had three players finish among the top-15 at the Leo Keenan Tournament, led by sophomore Brendan Polsin and his 36-hole score of 147.
- Polsin's 147 helped him tie for seventh in the field. The 73 he fired in round one is his career low score as a Griff.
- The Griffs will continue their fall schedule Sept. 28 at the annual Little Three Championship.
- Canisius is three-time defending champions at the Little Three tournament, the program's first three-year winning streak in the Little Three's history.
- The winner of the Little Three individual championship earns an automatic berth into the 2014 Porter Cup, which is played in Niagara Falls, N.Y.