Lafayette Spring Invitational
Dates: April. 6-7, 2014
Course: Silver Creek Country Club
Place: Hellertown, Pa.
Course Info: Par 72 – 6,643 Yards
The Field: Canisius, Central Connecticut State, Hofstra, Iona, Lafayette, LaSalle, Longwood, Manhattan, Monmouth, Niagara, Rider, Siena and Villanova.
Format: 36 holes (18 played each day)
CANISIUS STARTS SPRING SEASON IN PENNSYLVANIA
- The Canisius College golf team returns to action April 6-7, at the Lafayette Spring Invitational at Silver Creek Country Club in Hellerton, Pa.
- Silver Creek Country Club is a par-72, 6,643-yard course designed by Donald Ross.
- This will be the Golden Griffins' first action since the Binghamton Fall Invitational, which was held last October. That event was rain-shortened to 18 holes.
- Canisius will play all four of its spring season events in the month of April, capped by the team's trip to the 2014 MAAC Golf Championship April 25-27.
- Canisius finished fourth in the 13-team field at the Binghamton Fall Invitational Oct. 6, 2013.
- The Griffs posted a team score of 296 (plus-8), led by sophomore Hunter Sagar's score of two-under par 70.
- Canisius ended the fall season placing in the top-10 in four of the five events the team took part in.
- The Binghamton Fall Invitational was scheduled to be a 36-hole event, but the second round was rained out.
A LOOK AHEAD
- Canisius will play all of its spring schedule in the month of April this year.
- The Griffs will return to Pennsylvania next week (April 14-15) when the Blue and Gold takes part in the St. Francis Red Flash Spring Invite at Sunnehanna Country Club in Johnstown, Pa.
- Canisius will also get the chance to play at the famed Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford, N.Y., April 21-22. The Oak Hill Collegiate tournament is being hosted by Notre Dame.