Oak Hill Intercollegiate
Dates: April 21-22, 2014
Course: Oak Hill Country Club
Place: Pittsford, N.Y.
Course Info: Par 70 – 7,010 Yards
The Field: Canisius, Boston College, Georgetown, Nebraska, Notre Dame (co-host), Rochester (co-host), St. Bonaventure.
Format: 54 holes (36 played April 21, 18 played April 22)
Live Scoring: Available through GolfStat
CANISIUS TRAVELS TO PLAY AT OAK HILL
- The Canisius College golf team will travel to Oak Hill April 21-22, to take part in the Oak Hill Intercollegiate, and event that will be hosted by Notre Dame and Rochester.
- The Oak Hill Intercollegiate will be the Golden Griffins' final tune-up before heading south for the 2014 MAAC Golf Championships.
- This will be Canisius' first 54-hole event since the team took part in the Cornell Invitational during the fall season.
- Canisius placed sixth last week at the St. Francis Red Flash Spring Invite in Johnstown, Pa. That tournament was shortened to 36 holes after play was cancelled April 15 due to snow.
- Canisius will be playing golf at the famed Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford, N.Y. for the first time in program history.
- Oak Hill has hosted 11 major golf championships, most recently the 2013 PGA Championship, which was won by Jason Dufner.
- Oak Hill is the home course for the University of Richester golf team.
A LOOK AHEAD
- Canisius will travel to Lake Buena Vista, Fla., April 25-27 to take part in the 2014 MAAC Golf Championships.
- This year's event will be played at the Disney Palm Course.
- Last year, the Griffs placed fourth at the MAAC Championships, the program's best finish at the league's title event since 1997.