Saturday, Sept. 28 — 1 p.m.
Koessler Athletic Center
Canisius vs. Siena
Sunday, Sept. 29 — 1 p.m.
Koessler Athletic Center
Live Video: GoGriffs.com and MAAC.TV
Hashtags: #Griffs #MAACVB
NOTING THE GRIFFS
- The Canisius volleyball team, winners in four of its last five matches, begins a five-match homestand this weekend, hosting Marist College on Saturday afternoon, and then hosting Siena College on Sunday afternoon.
- Canisius opened MAAC play with victories at Saint Peter's and Rider last weekend to start conference play with a 2-0 record for the third time in the last five seasons.
- In its last 26 regular-season MAAC matches, Canisius has a record of 21-5.
- Junior Emily Litwin was named the MAAC Libero of the Week on Monday. Litwin 5.30 digs per set last week and posted her first double-double (23 digs, 11 assists) in the four-set win at Rider.
- Senior Roxanne Hernandez posted a career-high 10 blocks at Rider and ranks second in the MAAC in blocks per set (1.06).
- Freshman Jacklyn Malusa is averaging 3.50 kills and 2.50 digs per set in the last seven matches.
- Dating back to the 2006 season, Canisius is 80-48 (.625) in conference play, the third-best winning percentage in the MAAC.
- Canisius leads the MAAC at 2.10 blocks per set. The Griffs have ranked in the top three of the league in blocks per set in each of the last seven seasons.
- Canisius was picked third in the MAAC preseason poll. The Griffs have finished in the top four of the regular-season standings five times in the last seven years.
SCOUTING THE WEEKEND'S OPPONENTS
- Marist enters Saturday's match with a 7-5 overall record and 1-1 record in conference play.
- Mackenzie Stephens, the reigning MAAC Player of the Week, ranks second in the MAAC in kills per set (3.31) and third in attack percentage (.306). Lexi Millington leads the league at 0.55 service aces per set while Brooke Zywick is first in the MAAC in digs per set (5.07).
- Siena comes to Western New York with a 4-9 overall record and 3-0 record in the MAAC after a five-set win at Fairfield on Wednesday night.
- Taylor Akana leads the team at 2.68 kills per set while setter Haley Howell has been named the MAAC Rookie of the Week each of the past two weeks. Jacqueline Skeen is averaging 0.93 blocks per set.
- Canisius has won three of the last five meetings with Siena. The teams have split the regular-seasons series twice in the last three years. The Saints defeated the Griffs in four sets in the semfinals of last year's MAAC Championship.
- Canisius has won five of the last six overall meetings against Marist and six of the last seven between the teams in the KAC.