Canisius College (15-7) vs. University at Buffalo (12-10)
Demske Sports Complex
March 26, 2013 — 3 p.m.
Game No. 24
Canisius College (15-7) vs. St. Bonaventure University (5-11)
Demske Sports Complex
March 27, 2013 — 3 p.m.
- The Canisius baseball team wraps up its five-game homestand with midweek games against Big Four rivals the University at Buffalo and St. Bonaventure University this week.
- The Golden Griffins are playing five straight at home after playing the first 19 games away from home.
- Canisius started its home schedule and MAAC schedule with a three-game series against Saint Peter's last weekend. The Griffs dropped the opening two games before bouncing back with a win in the series finale on Sunday.
- Canisius leads the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference with its 15 victories, the only team in the MAAC with double-digit wins in 2013.
- Canisius has won 190 games since the start of the 2008 season, the fourth-highest total in the Northeast.
- Canisius has qualified for the MAAC Championship in each of the last six seasons, winning the MAAC regular-season title in 2008 and 2010.
- Canisius has had eight players selected in the Major League Baseball Draft since 2008.
- The Golden Griffins have had three All-Americans in the last five seasons.
- Canisius has had three freshman All-Americans since 2007, including sophomore Devon Stewart following the 2012 campaign.
- Coach Mike McRae won his 300th game on March 16. McRae has 302 wins in his career, trailing only Don Colpoys (325 wins) in the Canisius record books.
- Canisius opened MAAC play by dropping two of three games to Saint Peter's University at the Demske Sports Complex last weekend. It was the first time the Peacocks took a series from the Griffs since 2006.
- Canisius started MAAC play by losing its opening series for the first time since 2009. The Griffs posted a 16-8 record in league play that season.
- Sophomore Mike Krische and junior Jimmy Luppens each had four hits in the series, with Krische and senior Brooklyn Foster recording three RBI apiece.
- The Canisius bullpen allowed two runs 7.2 innings of work, yielding five hits, walking three and striking out seven.
SERIES HISTORY AGAINST BUFFALO AND ST. BONAVENTURE
- Buffalo leads the all-time series 46-28 against the Golden Griffins. Canisius won three of the four meetings last year and has won nine of the last 12 meetings.
- Tuesday is the first of three meetings between the teams this season. The teams will also play at the Demske again on April 17, and meet at Buffalo on May 1.
- St. Bonaventure leads the all-time series 43-24-2 against Canisius. The have won 10 of the last 14 meetings against the Bonnies.
- Wednesday is the first of two meetings between the teams this season as they will meet on April 30 in Olean.
- Buffalo enters Tuesday's game with a 12-10 record. The Bulls took two of three games against Central Michigan in their first Mid-American Conference series of the season last weekend.
- Senior Jason Kanzler leads the team with a .374 batting average, six home runs, 28 RBI and 20 runs scored. Jim Topps is hitting .340 while Tyler Mautner is hitting .306 with 10 doubles.
- River McWilliams is 1-2 with four saves in eight appearances out of the bullpen. McWilliams has a 3.72 ERA in 19.1 innings.
- Buffalo is hitting .269 and is averaging 5.4 runs per game. The Bulls have a team ERA of 3.92 and a .957 fielding percentage.
ST. BONAVENTURE SCOUT
- St. Bonaventure enters Wednesday's game with a 5-11 record. The Bonnies dropped a three-game series against Xavier on the weekend after splitting a four-game series with Rider University.
- Jason Radwan leads the team with a .414 batting average. Radwan is tied with Eric Jutca for the team lead with 12 runs scored. Billy Urban leads the team with 14 RBI.
- In five appearances, Drew Teller has a 2.70 ERA in 6.2 innings while Connor Grey is 1-2 in seven appearances with a 2.92 ERA in 12.1 innings.
- St. Bonaventure is hitting .268, has a team ERA of 6.90 and also has a fielding percentage of .960. The Bonnies are averaging 5.0 runs per game.