Dates: March 31 - April 2, 2013
Course: Prospect Bay Country Club - Grasonville, Md.
Course Info: Par 72; 6,659 Yards
The Field: Bethune-Cookman, Binghamton, Canisius, Central Connecticut State, Colgate, Fairfield, Fairleigh Dickinson, IUP, Iona, Lehigh, LIU-Brooklyn, Longwood, Loyola (Md.), Mount St. Mary's, Navy, Robert Morris, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Siena, St. Bonaventure, Saint Peter's, Towson, UMES, William & Mary.
GRIFFS OPEN SPRING SEASON AT TOWSON INVITATIONAL
- The Canisius College golf team returns to action March 31-April 2, when the team travels to Grasonville, Md., to take part in the Towson Invitational, Presented by Whiting-Turner Contracting Company.
- This marks the second-straight year where the Golden Griffins have played in this event. Last year, Canisius finished tied for 19th with a three-round team total of 922.
- The Griffs will start the weekend on March 31, in the afternoon pairings, where Canisius will play with golfers from Iona, IUP and Maryland-Eastern Shore.
- The Towson Invitational, Presented by Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is made up of 24 teams, and Canisius will see MAAC rivals Fairfield, Iona, Loyola (Md.), Siena and Saint Peter’s in this event.
CANISIUS SET TO PLAY IN FIVE SPRING EVENTS
- The Griffs' trip to Maryland this weekend starts a stretch where the Blue and Gold will play five tournaments before the end of April.
- Canisius will travel to Rhode Island April 6-7 to take part in the Rhody Invitational. Canisius will also play in events at Detroit and NC State before closing out the year at the MAAC Golf Championships in Orlando, Fla.